What are they up to?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by teabreak, Nov 10, 2010.

1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Needed a pump in a hurry today, so thought I would pop into the local Screwfix branch.
    Two separate stores one for “registered” plumbers/sparks one for all us other peasants and the DIYers.

Trade “registered thingy accounts” empty, two guys standing around, the other with a long queue and staff rushed off their feet. What a way to run a business and pee off your customers.

Oh yes, and of course it was out of stock, lucky there is a certain look-alike company around the corner!
    There I feel better now.
    teabreak

2. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

That's because peasants and DIYers clog up the system when to us in the trade, time is money.
    Same principle as saying - I wish I was disabled so I could use one of them empty parking spaces so I could do my shopping quicker?

3. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Hi mountain man,
    We have all sighed and hopped from one foot to the other behind a DIYer in a queue who doesn’t know what they want, which is why I will sometimes pay a bit more for something at a trade outlet than I might get it for at a DIY shed where I have to queue behind ladies buying trays of bedding plants or one light bulb.

As regards Screwfix, (Where the trade buys) I with a lot of other trade users simply don’t want loads of accounts with every merchant we use and the “super trade department” says Plumbers and electricians at Screwfix, so by definition all the other trades are excluded.
    Regards,
    teabreak.

4. imran_

imran_ New Member

There's your answer then. There probably was a pump in stock, but because you're not a super-trade... ;)

5. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

That must be it imran, I reckon you’ve hit the nail on the head!
    Cheers
    teabreak

PS do tell please, how do you post smileys?

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

A-ha sussed it I think!
    ;) :^O

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Only taken you 6 years teabreak