Must Have Tools

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ceekay, Dec 20, 2010.

1. ceekay

ceekay New Member

What are your must have tools the ones which you could not live without...

2. P_Terry

P_Terry New Member

well, I would have to say I love my SeeSnake Micro inspection camera - I bought it for a one-off cabling job after trying for 3 hours to fish a cable with a coat hanger from behind some plasterboard and I've since found 100 other uses for it.... Not to mention the kids love it for looking around corners! :)

3. ceekay

ceekay New Member

Ye they look pretty good I must admit, they arnt very expensive either maby thats one for the van

4. Dreadnaught Heating

Dreadnaught Heating New Member

In no particular order,

Fluke continuity tester (too many belts off leccy showers/badly fitted boxes in kitchens)

Bosch GBH sds drill/gun, pays for itself every time I get it out of the box.

Telegan Sprint V2 FGA with printer/thermometer clamps

open ended spanners 6-20mm inclusive, plus 22, 24, 30/32

BAHCO pump pliers

Bosch Multitool

24" stillsons

Monument 'wriggley' tap spanner

Basically I have a waaaaay too big/heavy FACOM carry bag that has mebbe 50 crucial tools that you just know you 'might' need to complete a task, but of course, we need more various tools than any other trade on an hourly/daily basis don't we?

DH

5. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

junior hacksaw, its a must.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

24mm open-ended spanner cut 1/4 short, and grind off some of the cheek. Ace on 15mm compression fittings.
    The Monument one is a load of tihS even though it's less than £3.
    I dunno what Monument used to get that size spanner, but it fits nothing in my well stocked van!

7. superfurryanimal

superfurryanimal New Member

milwakee battery hacksaw ... thats a must fella..

8. ceekay

ceekay New Member

I brought a telescopic magnet and its a gem for getting screws that you have droped where you cant get your fingers, if its a realy tight space like down the plughole put a big screw on the end and the screw becomes magnetic its even strong enough to pick up my adjustables. great stuff

9. Sir R Puller

Sir R Puller New Member

Of course, no self-respecting Plumber should leave home without has Bahco wide jaw adjustable spanners, 10,15,22 & 28mm pipe slice & Nightlite LED torch.

10. tiling spread

tiling spread New Member

bahco spanner and my emergency phone charger
    telescopic magnet
    lunchbox flask
    bluetooth headset dont want to get nicked
    nurofen ibuprofen redbull
    body spray stays in the van
    and a set of foot prints

11. no comment

no comment New Member

ERBAUER 10.8 volt mini drill allways in box. saved many a trip to van (must have decent masonary drill kit) same battry for multi cutter as well

12. ian anderson

ian anderson New Member

The Gerber pocket sharpener gets my vote. For less than the cost of a pint, this tiny tool keeps my every day carry knife, plenty sharp enough for work.

Well, that and my DW743 flip saw of course. Opposite ends of the tool spectrum for you........£3 to £600

13. howlsatthemoon

howlsatthemoon New Member

bahco 6,10 and12 inch adjustables. ck 12 inch grips. aeg angle attatchment for my atlas copco hammer drill.  testo 327.

14. NEEDAJOINTMAN

NEEDAJOINTMAN New Member

like the look of that sea snake will be able to find those lost maltesers ????

15. catchup

catchup Member

Funny that,my missus also likes the look of my Bed snake

16. screwfix

screwfix Guest

oh no.

This conversation's heading the wrong way.