Floor Sockets

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Berkssperks, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Berkssperks

Berkssperks New Member

I need to install some 2G floor sockets, in a suspended floor.

I thought about Dry Lining boxes, but i don't think the 'wings' will go back enough... I thought about metal knock out boxes, but then how to support them..

They need to be Brass, and on a nice parquet flooring finish so need to sit pretty flat / flush.

Anyone had any experience with this?

2. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Floor Sox have dedicated back box's for suspended floors, ask yer wholesaler bout em!

3. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

CriX 5oo mm high For Disbilled foRg+T floor TwiX bOy

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

5. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

50o mmm min for DIsAlbed heihjt   builGtiNg StendarSd Disabbled caNot Reach floor TWIX XXX O^*^YU%^%£W*^(& F

6. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

I've often found myself on the floor and completely legless at which I begin to appeciate my floor sockets, because I can't reach the "Normal" disabled persons sockets half-way up my walls.......

Lucia x

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Lokks,,,,,,,,,, Surely the customer is always right? If they want floor sockets , then that's what you give them? I wouldn't argue that you need to think of disabled people and mount all sockets at 500mm on the walls. Might sound insensitive here, but in normal houses etc , you should be thinking about "normal" heights for sockets and light switches....
    Q: If you wanted a new kitchen in your house,,,,,, would you have shortened base units and very low wall units, just in case you were to sell it to a wheelchair bound person in the future? Would you ****

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You need to use specially designed boxes, as sine said, because not only are you fixing the plates, the plate has to be cabable of supporting load from furniture and people walking around short term ie stepping on accidentally. And perhaps a chair being placed on the thing.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I think if you are lying on the floor appreciating your sockets...perhaps you should move yourself to the BED!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really