where can i get products make by GET

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by plugwash, Mar 16, 2004.

1. plugwash

plugwash New Member

subject says it all :)

2. Pro-Spark

Pro-Spark New Member

They are stocked by City Electrical ( Horrible stuff )

Tony

3. plugwash

plugwash New Member

ok googleing for "city electrical" uk only turned up city electrical factors who do not appear to stock get

do you have more details on this city electrical you mentioned

4. Pro-Spark

Pro-Spark New Member

I'm sure I have seen it on there shelves, blue and white diagonal striped boxes. you got the name right C.E.F.

Tony

5. plugwash

plugwash New Member

well checking on thier website they don't appear to have any get stuff

anyone else got any ideas?

6. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Don't really know why you'd want the stuff to be honest.

7. Milton Bradley

Milton Bradley New Member

Aren't GET the cheap and nasty ones you Get in Pound Shops?

8. oilly brother

oilly brother New Member

CPC.co.uk ( part of Farnell group) seem to stock some of the circuit protection stuff, However you need to set up a cash account with them to order.(no hasel really)

GET have a web site getplc.co.uk should be able to tell you about other dealers.

never used any of their stuff, but why does everyone **** it off, I thought they where origonaly part of GE Genaeral Electric)and their stuff was always used to be ok!

9. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Aren't GET the cheap and nasty ones you Get in Pound
    Shops?
    You could also try - The back of a spark's van AFTER a rewire, OR your local refuse tip.....:):)

10. plugwash

plugwash New Member

maybe for there most common parts

but no good for thier more unusual mcb's

also thier rocca modular range looks nice unlike most grid systems i have seen it allows sockets in the grid (mk used to do a range like this called accent but iirc it's no longer availible)

what have you lot got against get anyway?

11. Fumbletrumpet

Fumbletrumpet New Member

Plugwash

Do you have a branch of Swansons near you ? (maybe they're not a chain of leccy wholesalers, but I've seen a couple of branches 'round ere - south west mids).

Any road, they sell GET stuff.

Its back to brand preferences again, but I'm sure I've used some GET 2gang sockets in the past and they were a bit crappy. I've used Proteus breakers and boards a few though and found them to be pretty good. They also make some stuff that'll fit older boards too - which is a big help when DIN rail stuff isn't exactly an interchangeable 'standard'.

12. LSpark

LSpark New Member

im 99.9% sure CEF dont stock GET, secondly i would never belive them being part of GE, and lastly there too cheap for a pound shop! ;)

13. plugwash

plugwash New Member

cpc stock some get mcbs but only type B ones :(

14. LSpark

LSpark New Member

grr useless cpc, u remember the days ordering from cpc + farnell? LOL

15. oilly brother

oilly brother New Member

Ok they do not seem to have any links to GE, their mcbs are made by Schupa which is part of the Gewiss group,german manufactured parts are generally shoddy so i guess they must be rubbish !i

never had any problems with cpc, they are good at what they do, ie consumer electrical spares, AV components etc and speed of service is sometimes unbelevable for small pacakges ( order online 6pm delivered 9am next day by parcelforce, and on standard free delivery at that, and half way up a mountain in Wales to boot)
    The main Farnell catalogue is better for more serious stuff though.

16. seavigil

seavigil New Member

Try Wickes Building Supplies, thats who makes the Wickes own brand stuff.

17. Fumbletrumpet

Fumbletrumpet New Member

Okey Dokey

Since I guess Cap'n Plugwash is after a GET mcb and no other will do, I downloaded their catalogue (at 4.8 Mb it had better be good, having only an 'dial-up connection).

1. GET <u>do</u> make 'c' (and 'd') type mcbs - I was wondering, with these references to Wickes and the 'domestic'/cheapo posting references whether they even made any c breakers, but they do. Part number is 6C1M1 for a c-curve single pole 6 amp mcb.

2. Maybe http://www.alertelectrical.com/ can help. They seem to stock quite a bit of GET stuff. (sorry, couldn't seem to make the address linkable)

3. I think, although I'm likely to be corrected, that GET are an independant UK company. I'm not too sure about this, but I don't think they're anything to do with GE.

4. I'd always thought GET stuff was a 'budget' brand, but first impressions on looking through their catalogue seem to me that they might make some useful stuff.

Hope this is of help.