Excessive water pressure and Mira discovery shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by hogarth, Aug 21, 2011.

1. hogarth

hogarth New Member

I have had a Mira Discovery built in shower for 6 years which has worked without any problems.  Recently the water pressure has become extremely high in the shower causing the pipes to bang and the water to go everywhere.  Somedays it is worse than others.  It has coincided with Thames Water upgrading the water mains to plastic piping.  I have had a plumber in and he suggested redoing the whole shower which I do not want to do. Should I get a drop tight pressure reducing valve on the mains or should I get someone from Mira to fix the shower?  Thanks

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

Excessive pressure? You lucky dog!

All you need - as you yourself say - is a PRV, a pressure reducing valve. I reckon all you'd need is a single one on your cold mains supply pipe. Simplest thing, stick it just beyond your stopcock. Dial up - ooh - 3-4 bar, and done.

3. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

I've recently had problems with a Mira MiniDuo we fitted to a flat with a combi, and it was only sorted after a PEV was put on.

Part number 16711 from BES