Traders Cost Of Fixing A Leaking Downpipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Stuart_B, Aug 25, 2011.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

ok, lets see how this actually works out, K?
                                                                                                          £
    3 men at an average cost of £70 (remember, its a big company)      210
    ladder hire                                                                                    55
    malelials needed 4the job                                                              50
    admin                                                                                          50
    transport                                                                                      50
    consumables                                                                               57
    total                                                                                        £472  + VAT @ 20%  472 x 1.20=  £566.40

so pray, tell me, who got a guud deal, the OP or the 'tradesmen'?

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

3. balchy

balchy Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

wake up balchy, this is the best discussion we've had on here for ages, its plumbers v punters, and the plumbers are winning,

5. balchy

balchy Member

sorry tom, being new to this malarky i thought i would try to get a feel for how this thing works. read back as far as page 94, game on ;)

6. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Lets say the builder had dropped his tape measure out of his belt loop while he was on the first rung of the ladder, before he bends down to pick it up he needs to do a risk assesment, corden off the area around the tape measure, put on safety boots and a high vis jacket and with the help of his employee's (one to help him lift it and one to hold the relevent paperwork) he can then bend down and safley pick the tape measure up. Then only after a visit from the HSE can he finish the job.

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

I may be wrong - but don't think I am - but I reckon that joint in the downpipe is on the first floor - an easy reach with probably one section - or possibly a slightly-extended twoer - of ladder.

Hands up all those on here who would be happy with a £266 bill for this?

Hmmm, I thought not.

End of thread.

(Which means it will run and run...)

8. G Brown

G Brown New Member

When did anyone North o' the Border ever pay any bill without whinging?

Unless the English are paying it for them of course ;)

9. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

Gordy, it is possible he's a white settler!

10. twotwo22

twotwo22 Member

this is the best discussion we've had on here for ages, its plumbers v punters, and the plumbers are winning,

The OP gave up 3 days ago
    I think you'll find it is just plumbers talking amongst themselves :)

11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

well pinkies not a plumber, and palavacloakroomattendant is only a semi plumber, so 2222 you are not right,

12. palavaman

spot on thomas.  with your help, i'll eventually progress from cloakroom attendant to plumber.:)   so i aint quiting yet.  as PP says, this one will run 4ever.

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

End of thread.

14. G Brown

G Brown New Member

DA - you are a typical dour **** trying to spoil our fun :)

15. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Cloakroom attendant? Is that one of those guys who hangs around posh lavs and offers to wipe your white botty for a quid?

16. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Do they have them in Scotland then?

17. palavaman

TJ, are you suggesting that all dis while, the £0.50 i've been paid is an under payment??:'(

18. RobertFewtrell

RobertFewtrell New Member

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator