Any Pointers?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by palavaman, Aug 31, 2011.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

woz out working 2day.  during my lunch break, i happen to glance across the road (like you do), and noticed this set-up:

[​IMG]

the soil stack on the left terminates as a hopper that collects the rain water.  i believe it was innitially designed as a DURGO (see soil stack of adjoining property in right) but when a loft conversion was done, it was ''upgraded'' to a hopper.  4nilly enuff, just abouts 150-200mm above hopper, is a teracota or brick vent for converted loft.
    i wont want to be the occupant of that loft space.

well, what do i know?  chances are its all right and done as per Regs.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

your suspitions are in order palavaspy, just imagin you are in the house during a storm ( not unusual in this country) and the drain gets over welmed, the water off the roof is going to come in the house via the toilet and make a mess of the first and ground floor,  yuk.

3. palavaman

blawdy builders couldnt be bovered to get a propa pluma in to sort the stack.  nice one.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

That's BAD.

And what a god-damn EYESORE.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. palavaman

Handy, it wasnt me who dunnit, HONEST.

just dat in this trade, your eyes are constantly scanning howses and analysing what has been done.
    guud work, dat ..... or verry bad work, dat ...
    you're constantly judging other peeples work    dont tell dem abouts mine though.

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

Palavaman, when are you going to start speaking proper?

7. G Brown

G Brown New Member

...proper like...DA!

8. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Palavaman how did you get on at Maidstone county court did you win?

9. palavaman

TJ, b4 I respond to your request, I have to attend to PP?

From now on, I'm going to evening school to learn how to speak properly.  No need being an attendant and not addressing people properly

Where was I, TJ?
    Maidstone CC is a long story.  Thanks to SF, most details have been lost.
    Up to early last month, the so called solicitors were on my case.  On some days, they will ring my phone every two - five minutes.  Regardless of how much effort I made to tell them to complete the court case, they just kept ringing me.  The more I ignored the calls, the more they called endlessly?  Looking back now, they may be responsible for constantly clicking my Google Adwords account, costing me uneccessary spend?

So, I sent all their staff a strong email, with a copy to my local Police station in Croydon.  In the mail, I stressed that their calls tantamounted to ''nuissance calls'', and though they were using a withheld number, it will be traced by the Police.

Within minutes, I got an email from the chap who had instigated the court debacle.  For once, he refered to me as 'Sir', and claimed he was only a staff in the litigation dept and had no control of what was going on?
    I retorted by telling him I couldn't give a damn what his role was.
    Haven't heard from them (directly) since.

I said 'directly', because every other week or so, an Asian bloke rings me using a withheld number and claims to be from Capital Baillifs, or some other sort of company.  Saying I owe money and must pay it now?  When I start telling him what I think of him, he slithers away.  What a bunch of *!!!

sorry 4the RANT  

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

10. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Interesting, don't lets the bar stewards get you down, all they want is your hard earned.

11. proff

proff New Member

Sorry to read that sad story. Just remember, bad things only happen to nice people. :(

12. palavaman

i wont let them win.
    if i had the time, i'd take them to court myself, but it will only be a waste of my time?
    so the court finds in my favour, then what?  the idiots wont pay.