Semi-retired....

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by G Brown, Sep 6, 2011.

1. G Brown

G Brown New Member

... now I'm the wrong side of 50 I thought I would only work part-time and ease myself into semi retirement. A recent legacy means I don't need to work but I will get bored just being at home. I have finished restoring a '71 Mini Cooper which I enjoyed but now I've sold it I'm wondering what else to do.

Any other plumbers winding down finding it tricky?

2. proff

proff New Member

I retired early two years ago for three reasons:

1) I wanted to
    2) I could afford to
    3) My Heart, lungs and knees told me I needed to.

I thought I would be bored but it is the oposite. I have a workshop with both wood and metal lathes and when I am not busy moving house and building conservatories I spend an awful lot of time making useless things. When I'm not in the workshop I blast hell out of clay pigeons to get rid of any agression. If you get really bored you can always post on this site and upset some one, it's very easy to do.

Look forward to and enjoy your retirement, your only here once! ;)

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

My problem is I'm only "semi" rertiring at the moment - its finding time for customers and leisure thats becoming a problem. Maybe I will just retire full time! :)

4. tomp

tomp New Member

i am semi jolly also, and i like to come on here up till today, when i got banned

5. proff

proff New Member

When I first started (late in life) I only intended to work four days a week and have Wednesdays off. Unfortunately customers kept ringing up and wanting work done now, so I ended up working six days a week and emergancy call out on Sundays.
    So the question is will your customers let you work part time or have you the strength to say no, I'm a wimp so part time wasn't an option. Good luck.

6. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

7. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Wow thats a nice piece sinewave, I should get me one of those to keep in the van to defend myself against the *

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

8. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

tomplums have been benned???
    what is this SF forum comming to?  You didnt ring the modulators and start singing Dick Fullers praises did you thomas:(

9. proff

proff New Member

Sinewave, It's only a Browning 525 but I like it, it goes bang every time I pull the trigger and sometimes it hits things. If I miss it's due to the dodgy cartridges I keep buying with no lead in em. :)

10. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

My Hit rate proff, wasn't too good in the early days untill I found out I had a left Master Eye but I shoot right handed!  :(

Left handed shooting was not an option so I bought one of those fibre optic barrel tip sights which trick the brain in to thinking you have a right master if your're a right handed shooter, and visa versa if U are left handed but right master eyed!

http://www.easyhit.co.uk/index.html

Things improved dramatically on left to right crossing shots! 

11. proff

proff New Member

sinewave, I have the same problem so I close my left eye, very inconvenient. I shall try the fibre optics as I desperately need to beat my mate, he always gets 4 or 5 more than me. Thanks mate  :)