Watchdog tonight....

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Captain Leaky, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Nearly £700 to change a WC ballvalve!

Mohammed Shamrez! What a con-man!

2. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Just seen it, what a cheat!!

Mohammed Shamrez Express Plumbing Ltd Bedford you are a liar and a theif, millions of people have seen your antics on prime time BBC One, this time next week you'll be stacking shelves as no one will let you in their home.

3. The Vine

The Vine New Member

This blokes a joke.  Disgusting man! And he spat on the floor!!

He needs to change his garden ornaments too.

4. proff

proff New Member

The problem is that he will get more jobs and at the price he charges he does'nt need many. There should be a law against it as it is extortion!

5. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

I have seen some crazy things in this world, but nothing could prepare me for what I saw on Watchdog last nite?
    I nearly fell of the soffa when he said ''I,ll just check your bill'', then proceeded to say £625 or something in that region, for replacing a doughnut in a toilet?
    Surely, she will not pay him, I thought?  But she paid.
    Very Very strange bloke.  How does he sleep at night?
    He even park his van round the corner and came back for a chat?  £110 + VAT for each half of an hour.
    On the bright side, he said they knew his prices in advance of the work being done?  In that case, get in, do the job ASAP and get out.  DONT DELIBERATELY FAFF ABOUT.

Explains how he can drive a spanking brand new Mercedes Beinz Van.  Left me quite worried about my new van now?  If the programme had been aired sooner, I'd have gone for a used van.

6. ceekay

ceekay New Member

Ive been looking to watch this but cant find it online only a artical about it, makes me sick the skumbag makes us all look bad when thats not the case, there are a few rouge plumbers on the watch dog website, can anyone provide a link to watch it ? CeeKay

7. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

ceekay, I am no good at doing links.  Some of the intelligent chaps on here will do that for you, but if you go to BBC iPlayer, you should be able to watch Watchdog?

8. ceekay

ceekay New Member

I saw it on there but dident say anything about a plumber, im on my phone atm so ill have a butchers when i get home, I see charlie mullins is looking for a new villa jammy git its on pimlicos website in the tv section worth a watch

9. longscrew

longscrew New Member

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b014gd2f/watchdog-08-09-2011/     

You will have to copy and paste it into your web browser.

Pete

10. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Seen him on my BBC iplayer,hes a disgusting,scamming individual thats ruining the trade with extoriate prices. £110.00 per half hour ***.  Hope all of Britain were watching, the greedy B,stard

11. Paultheplumber

Paultheplumber New Member

I can confirm this guy is still trading he has just been to one of my customers out of hours for 1 he and 10 minutes hes trying to charge a call out fee for 149£and a 190£ per half hr total bill 880£for a hr and ten minutes New company name is London emergency plumbers same house address!scumbag!

12. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

Whats with lack of full-stops in grammar. I just can't understand why people don't use them. It's makes perfectly well educated people sound like they never went to school.

Sorry it's my pet hate.

13. Paultheplumber

Paultheplumber New Member

I think you mean it makes

Plumberbish and Tiny01 like this.
  14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That's a shame because your grammar is so good...

15. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Let us see.

Whats [What's or What is] with lack of full-stops in grammar.[?]

It's [It] makes perfectly well...

Sorry [Sorry,] it's my pet hate. [or Sorry. It's my pet hate.]

It's also one of my pet hates!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

16. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

I fully admit my grammar is not perfect. I also make typo errors sometimes using the keyboard of my phone rather than a laptop (because it so small and also auto corrects to a different word). But come on, no full-stops?

17. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Get some smaller fingers.............................................................

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Turn auto-correct off...................

19. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Been looking for that option on the wife for years - still can't find it ;)