Don't expect any help on the Plumbers forum...

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by HOTDOG ø, Sep 12, 2011.

1. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

...the Stooopid Screwfix admin have deleted /offended all the helpful contributors.

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I'm not going to be 'helpful' any more until Tom comes back.

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Parp!

5. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Hey Brownie how do you do that link,I,d like to try it

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Cut n paste ;)

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I'm leaving this forum for good now. I have enjoyed my time on here but too many good contributors have gone and Scrwefix couldn't give a damn.

Goodbye.

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

'Bye... :'(

9. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

Why would they care about a few sad losers on a forum 0.00001% of customers use!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14926612

The fact that they can make these profits shows people are very stupid for not shopping around, and they can easily afford to lose 1 or 2!

And as you see despite my best efforts, I'm still not banned - so was Tom ever banned, or was it just an IT blip/misunderstanding?

10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

I'll continue with the odd postings capt' - but it does feel like the partys over and I'm one of the last guests still here. Grimnasty, tom did say on another post that he was never contacted by admin yet there was some sort of review procedure that was going whicht was irelevant now because he was leaving anyrode. It all did seem a little contradictory to me. Tappy,

11. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Cheerio Leaky, perhaps Screwfix admin will mature and grow up, and see the errors of their ways. BTW I wont be trading with them anymore.

12. G Brown

G Brown New Member

..of course Screwfix won't notice that we are annoyed and upset.

They won't notice we don'y buy anything from them....but eventually they will offend enough customers that they do notice.

By then it will be too late. :(

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

Mr Grim.

Kingfish' have seemingly saved 230 jobs from the old Focus centres, and will be creating 1,000 new posts. That's pretty good news in my books. (Perhaps it's not as straght-forward as that - I don't know - I'm just going by the headlines.)

Meanwhile, SF generally still have the best prices around here, and it's very convenient having so much stuff under one roof. And the staff in Barnstaple are genuinely friendly and efficient (tho' I haven't been there in a while, and a thread on here suggests things might be changing...)

So, will the downfall of this forum affect where I shop? Of course not. As long as they 'deliver the goods'. And I doubt anyone else on here would avoid buying from SF if their prices and service remained competitive?

But, this forum... Dearie me. It still has something, but it's in very little measure. Will I go somewhere else if I finally leave here? No. Although I have received excellent help on a couple of topics on UlktimateWhatsit, I just can't see me posting an anti-religious rant on there. It just wouldn't feel right.

So, cheer up, Mr Silly and ****, here I stay until I go.

And I doubt I'll be going until I see a trail of stiletto-heel marks heading out the forum door with our Looch at t'head.

That would be the last straw.

14. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

Nothing that happens on here will affect me using my local Screwfix, the staff on the trade counter are great and very helpful. I wouldn't miss the plumbing forum anyway as most of the contributors had or have their heads so far up their own ar*e it was only ever worth visiting for comedy value. I did get some good advice from time to time when I used to use it but it was one of the bitchiest forums I have ever used. There are some exceptions, Tomplum and Cat Leaky spring to mind. Apologies for any others I have missed. Other than that it was a final resting place for has beens and should be shut down anyway as most of them must be in homes by now soiling their pants. 

15. thomas plumb

thomas plumb New Member

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

16. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Now,thats wot I call a wrapped and tidy Plumb

17. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Ah well, admin will delete the whole post soon... :(

18. proff

proff New Member

Definitely a well dressed plumber Thomas. What type of flange is it, I don't think I have seen one of them before but as you all know, I am a little naive!  ;)

19. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

Pink Pants, They may be creating 1000 Jobs but 600 of them will be for people who arent even in the country yet. Its not only the 2,00,0000 we have not working its also 5,000,00 eastern europeans who will be here at the first sniff of a job

20. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

Tom a wee bit disappointed with your work Im sure there's evidence of leakage around that flange