Diesel Fuel vs heating Oil

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jabby, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Jabby

Jabby New Member

Hi,

I have read all the discussion on using heating oil in cars and understand both the tax and damage implications to the car. But to avoid running dry would there be any problems if i added a couple of 5lit cans of diesel to the the heating oil tank (regular 28sec kerosine heating oil).

Thanks for any info

M_u_N

2. Onetap

Onetap Member

3. Jabby

Jabby New Member

Tom,
    Thanks i know 35sec is heavier but what is the difference between  car diesel and heating kerosine. The car diesel will be cleaner and anti this and that but in the short term would it hurt a bog standard WB combi?
    its that or its goning to be a cold and lonely christmas.
    thanks

M_u_N

4. catchup

catchup Member

The difference is oil pump,nozzle it will effect the whole combustion process.It wont just be cold and lonely this Chrimbo,it could be very expensive.

5. howlsatthemoon

howlsatthemoon New Member

dont do it. you will frick your boiler. as catchup says, too many differences in the fuels to fire correctly. you could end up with a big bill for burner repairs. better by far to find a fuel supplier who'll sell you kerosine by the drum. my local garage for instance has a kerosine pump.

6. Jabby

Jabby New Member

Hi,

Great thats ok seems a clear no no. thanks all round

M_u_N

7. BFO

BFO New Member

This is kinda what I wanted to know before wondering what all these different deisel and kerosene oils mean?

Message was edited by: Administrator