Can't raise Mudster

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Niaxalia, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Niaxalia

Niaxalia New Member

Anyone know where Mr Knowledge is?

I need some advice and I'm getting conflict opinions.

Question is, for a bathroom (wetroom), do travertine or marble tiles need sealing, even if in the case of travertine they are filled and polished.

Confused....many thanks.

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Yes they MUST be sealed, especially in a wet area like a shower. IMHO travertine is not a good choice in a bathroom and I think it is for this reason it has gone out of fashion.

3. Niaxalia

Niaxalia New Member

Thanks for that. So both polished and matt marble need to be sealed is that right?....on both sides? Sorry I know nothing about stone and I'm beginning to think I'll stick to tiles! Also, does sealed marble need any further maintenance?

Many thanks

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

If you don'y know anything about tiling with stone then doing a wet room is not a good place to start! :)

Stick to ceramics.

Marble and travertine are both attacked by many common bathroom cleaners so again the maintenence is a faff!

5. Niaxalia

Niaxalia New Member

Will do, many thanks.

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Travertine is trouble...end of. :(

7. tictic

tictic New Member

Who is Mudster.....?

8. tictic

tictic New Member

Ahhh....is that Bathstyle mate.....?

Where is BS these days...know you will be reading.....herr fleck...c'mon ya coming bak oon...am bored silly

....;)

9. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

Going back a good eight or more years ago, Mudster was a tiler who posted a lot on here, and was excellent with his advice on tiling, waterproofing and wetrooms etc. He (along with BS) were the quality posters on here and trustedtradesmen.com with advice in this field, and i for one was very grateful.

I believe he got fed up with poor quality natural stone, and eventually set up his own shop/unit importing and selling various ceramic/porcelain/natural stone. It was/is based in London/Surrey border http://www.atstone.co.uk although it seems down right now..

Almost like a beta version of tictac.. ;)

10. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Not been on this Forum for a good few years now!

It's weird as we were just discussing Mudster on our other Forum and a link to this thread was posted on there, otherwise I would never have come on here.

TT has closed down now and we have another forum where a few of the old regulars still are.

11. big all

big all Screwfix Select

this is his buisiness address
    A T Stone Natural Stone Importers And Distributors, Unit 15, Gatwick Business Park, Horley, RH6 0AH, UK.
    got my bathroom floor from him several years ago

12. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

if not TT, then TF..?