A Merry Christmas to one and all

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by petertheplumber, Dec 22, 2012.

1. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

And of a Happy new year but that may be posted separately, so go and get a little bit or a lot tipsy my friends.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Merry Christmas Peter and all the best for the New Year

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

and from me too, to all the posters MERRY CHRISTMAS, If things run true to form, they'll shut the forum down on monday, So thanks to all for the advice,banter and laughs throu' out the past year,

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You just know it'll run true to form Tomp. SF is one of the very few forums that closes it's doors over holiday periods. Just one more reason it's going downhill.
    About time they had volunteer moderators who can administer swift deletion of offensive posts/rude pics etc, so they could keep it open over Christmas. Anyrode Bah Humbug an all that Merry Chrimbo. Have a good'un. ;)

5. tightenit

tightenit New Member

And may I also add my festive greetings to one and all. The question is phone on or off now? If you turn it off there's a barrage in a few days time. 'On' you have to explain how you are too busy despite customers having no heating or hot water for the period. I never like to say no but we deserve a rest at Xmas too. Last few days have meant adding one, two or even three jobs to the end of the day. Don't mind genuine emergencies but one rad not working is hardly a crisis at this time of year is it?

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm like you tightnit, i'll don't like to miss jobs, too many plumbers here eager to take the customers, and customers remember too well when you let them down, so my phones on, cept when I go't pub,:)

7. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Just to echo everyone else in wishing all screwfixers past and present A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE BEST FOR 2013.
    I've already clocked off at work on Friday so no nasty Christmas Eve specials for me this year!! :)
    Tappy,

8. petertheplumber

By the way, was looking forward to putting feet up, just come back from looking at a boiler problem glow worm micron 120ff. stopped working, needs A new gas valve.

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

just had a call, HELP, boilers gone dead no hot water no heating the whole families coming for christmas from all over England, pleeeeeeeeeeese come and fettle it, well I'm goingin't morning, but I won't any spares, I've a full day on Monday so I won't have time to go looking for spares, so I might have to pass that on, :'(

10. petertheplumber

And I have another boiler to look at tomorrow morning, she said it hasn't been working since last year, do believe that. Then on Monday I can go to plumb centre who are open on Monday and see if they can supply what I need.

11. Sir Jim

Sir Jim New Member

The bin men have just been round "All right mate" they shouted.

"I wanted to talk to you about your Christmas tip" I said

"Well Happy Christmas to you. Can we help?" they said showing me the palms of their hands.

"Yes" I said "at which tip do I dump my old tree?

12. petertheplumber

Our bin men came round today, asked if I had a tip for them? I said nobody ever gives me a tip why should I give you one?

13. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

aw peter, I often get a extra fiver off a customer, you must be over charging

14. petertheplumber

I'm joking of course, I have to admit I do also get an extra fiver every now and then, I am definitely not over charging since now I am getting my pension I don't want to earn more than about £3500/yr or I have to pay tax. So I tend to charge less than I used to.;)

15. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea iknow where you're coming from, its more of a hobby when you get a certain age, I got my pension pay off today, not only that but, the doctor has given me pills that I will have to take for the rest of my life, trouble is, he only perscribed 5 capsules,

16. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Your GP did you a favour Tom. You have 5 days to live, most didn't have that long. Their world came to an end on Friday. Even the Aliens in the remote village in France couldn't save them?

17. And a Merry Christmas to you, too, Peter - you've been a very welcome addition to the fold .

And to everyone else an' all x lots.

18. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I see Barnstaple has drifted out to sea.....sometimes all this flooding is a mixed blessing.....

19. petertheplumber

Never mind tom at least he has given you enough to get you thro' xmas and see in the new year JUST,;)