Boiler problem?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by petertheplumber, Dec 23, 2012.

1. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

Went out this evening to look at a boiler problem, its a potterton performa120L cast iron heat exchanger is leaking water, and yes they do keep bleeding a rad and cast iron loves to sacrifice itself to oxidisation doesn't it? I am thinking of putting a couple of containers of leak sealer in the system since british gas said they can replace heat exchanger on Friday The water is only dripping from boiler so I reckon sealer might work, any thoughts?

2. Sir Jim

Sir Jim New Member

<em style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium;">One of the symptoms of an approaching
    nervous breakdown is the belief that
    one's work is terribly important.
    [/i]

3. petertheplumber

I learnt years ago that I am not indispensable, but,  One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. Is very good saying Thanks for the thought jim.

4. Sir Jim

Sir Jim New Member

Dear Pete, Wishing you and your family a very happy xmas And prosperous new year.May God fulfill all your wishes in wealth, health And happiness in your life.

jim :)

5. petertheplumber

Thanks jim and the same to you and yours with all my heart.:)

6. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

:(

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

That quote is clearly never from our pallyman.

It is spelt proper like....

8. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

thanks 'cptain.

I was getting worrieds like, specially when that Sirs Jimmies Savage made out I died in 2014?  How can I die b4 the year of death approached?