Compact shower pump for under bath?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by teabreak, Jan 30, 2013.

1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I have a rental property that has the most pathetic shower ever, I have tried it and ok it works, but I would not be happy with it myself.

Fitting a pump in the airing cupboard and running twin pipes to the bathroom would be very awkward, as although it's only 6 metres it's all boxed in and crammed with existing pipes/wastes.

The tenant is leaving soon and while it's void, I'm considering putting a pump under the bath (should be ok electric wise as panel needs tools to remove it) with electrical supply switched in the bedroom next door, but most pumps with what are laughingly called flexible connections come up quite bulky, does anyone know of a compact pump that might make it easier to cram it in please!

Regards,
    teabreak

2. Fat Tony

Fat Tony New Member

The little Salamnder pumps will fit under a bath offset to the side but no pump will fit directly under the middle of a bath.

3. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

I remember several years ago I fitted a power shower in the mobile home that I had, it used the rising main at 3 bar regulated, and the hot water the shower had no electrics, the cold water used a vetury action to increase the hot water pressure, it worked so well that it could empty a standard cylinder in 20 minutes. you will have to research it because I can't remember its make or name.;)

4. Fat Tony

Fat Tony New Member

Ideal Trevi? Croydex made one too, cheap n cheerful but it worked.

5. petertheplumber

Thanks t, they do work well.

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Thanks for the replies I will check them out,  I think have heard of those types Peter I but no mains in the bathroom I'm afraid.

Regards,
    teabreak

7. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Sorry, but your wrong Fat boy, Aqualisa, Mira now make digital micro processers that are flat enough to get under a Barf with one blended pipe taken to shower

8. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Looks very sexy wetpants might consider one for home, but with the cheapest price I found at £500 perhaps not for rental, unless it's in London W1 ;)
    Cheers,
    teabreak

9. Fat Tony

Fat Tony New Member

You are indeed correct smellypants. They are slim and v expensive too.

10. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Not like you then Bro...;)

11. Fat Tony

Fat Tony New Member

I am expensive and expansive.

12. petertheplumber

With no mains it won't work, never mind.