pavement permit/scaffold license £5 million public indemnity insurance required

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by kingdan1st of pompey, May 28, 2013.

1. having nightmare getting correct cover for this work, self employed, any ideas? except get up ladders! thats my last resort. cheers dan

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have you tried Trade Direct?

3. hi, yes tried trade direct, very reasonable quote but even when list trades as gutters and fascia fitting and 2nd trade as scaffold erection still doesnt give me the exact wording in the small print required by wiltshire council, they say it must state covered to work on public highway!? tried phoning postoffice insurance all good till mention scaffold tower! nightmare! wondering how much the fine would be for just trying to do a 2 day flyer!

4. Our scaffolders sort out the pavement licence and permits.

Doesnt your public liability insurance cover you for working of them.

5. hi, cheers 4 reply, no seems not in public places/highway and also not £5 million, the council want exact wording to show on the highway!

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I thought there were some exemptions regarding temporary(tower) scaffolding, where as the council would give a short-term(few hours) ticket!

Maybe not? And I guess each council has its own rules!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. not as far as they've told me! being very strict, want to measure pavement and my tower, barriers round tower, barriers to create walkway! and white wash bottom 1.6m! board off and net to prevent tools falling, worst of all is this exact policy wording required.:(

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I had to replace the guttering and fascia on a house earlier this year which was directly onto a single track road with no pavement, the council wanted £1000 to close it for a day so we just did it off a zip up tower. The police did have a look but weren't interested. Job done, a grand saved,

9. Onetap

Onetap Member

Cherry picker?