Bathstore whirlpool stopped working

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by unclehefty, Aug 11, 2013.

1. unclehefty

unclehefty New Member

I need some help please.  A while ago my Bathstore 'Pool' Whirlpool bath stopped whilrpooling (is there such a word?) and whilst I have checked all the connections it doesn't seem to want to work.  Does anyone have an installation manual for this 1700 (not age) bath unit?

I have tried Bathstore and, well, they don't help a great deal.

2. unclehefty

unclehefty New Member

I have looked at the switchbox and the light is on, the activation switch appeasrs to work.  Is there a fuse in the unit itself?

3. snezza31

snezza31 New Member

The On/Off button on the Whirlpool bath itself, is most likely to be an Air Switch.

If the pipe from the air switch to the whirlpool pump has become disconnected then the pump wont turn on. There may even be a hole in the bellows of the air switch, in which case the same problem would occur.

Can you hear a quiet "CLICK" when you press the On/Off button?

Just a suggestion.....!!!!!!

Snezza.

4. unclehefty

unclehefty New Member

I Already checked this, it appears to be OK. I also checked the fuse close to the  consumer unit.  Bathstore do not have an installation manual or wiring diagram - doh!

5. snezza31

snezza31 New Member

You can hear it "Click".......?????

It really should be easy to hear it, especially if you have removed the bath panel.
    If it clicks, then the bellows and air pipe are OK, and it is likely to be the air switch reciever mounted on the motor itself.

If the motor was knackered, it is likely that it would have tripped the RCD that should have been connected to the incoming supply.