rewire

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by copperkev0, Aug 11, 2013.

1. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Seems pretty reasonable Kev

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

One bloke cannot do a rewire in that time Kev. 14 days minimum. Peoples expectations are optimistic to say the least. Two blokes could knock one out in about 7 days. So your price is too low. Some blokes can do rewires on their own in about that time but are dog rough, ususally. £3.5-4k is more realistic.

3. ultracab

ultracab New Member

One man cannot do a improve in that period Kev. 14 times lowest. Individuals objectives are positive to say the least. Two guys could affect one out in about One week. So your cost is too low. Some guys can do rewires on their own in about that period but are dog difficult, ususally. $ 3.5-4k is more genuine.

Message was edited by: Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable links

4. wally

wally Screwfix Select

At long last a realistic rewire price has surfaced un.    As you say 3.5 to 4 is more realistic.   Mine includes filling up after chasing

5. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Quite happy with either.

6. B

B New Member

3.5 to 4

what's the rewire Buckingham Palace ?

7. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

Pricing blind........ The lot of you should know better..... Fools

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

How true Mr reflex,, for all we know the customer might be asking for cat5 cables ran and terminated, as well as the complete re-wire. I could do it in 6 weeks for only £2300.73p,,, But, "No money back, no guarantee,, No income tax, no VAT (etc,etc )

9. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Its only a bit of fun mr reflex, of course we cannot price without seeing the job but I still think some of the prices floating on here are unrealistically low.

10. copperkev0

copperkev0 Member

How much should one be looking for as an electrician for a days work??

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Based on this present government's track record,,, your looking at slightly less,  (well quite a lot less) than the NMW. :eek:
    The way things are going, sparks, plumbers, joiners and other tradesmen, will be working until we're 83, but,, for only £3.59p an hour. (just so we can compete with the Eastern Europeans)  So all in all, (unless my maths is wrong) you should charge about £40 for a days work (assuming you turn up at 8 in the morning and work till about half 7 in the evening.

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

No that would be kings ransome.

13. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Look pal,

Guessing a rewire in a chat room is impossible to say the least cause we are not there are we!!?

It might be simple things like access to the site could swing it for me, poor access or you park miles away and you can jog on, things like that

Every site demands a visual

If it was me It would be day rate as who knows what you encounter

14. copperkev0

copperkev0 Member

Hi si=fy. Ye I can see thi point. No straight answers on ere. I guess asking a normal question is asking abit to much eh. Ta very much for thi imput.

15. J.P.

J.P. New Member