Worktop to base sides??

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by wizwoz, May 6, 2014.

1. wizwoz

wizwoz Member

Well… I just had a customer insist I clad the open ends of two runs of base units with worktop instead of using clad- on décor panels.
    The worktop is 50mm sq. edge lam. walnut effect. The doors & plinth are white gloss slab.
    The paper on the reverse side will be visible where the plinth runs into it.
    Personally I think it will look naff but he insists friends of his have it and he’s seen it in a showroom.
    Is this a new trend?
    I can’t help but feel he is forcing me to do something that will spoil a kitchen I have to put my name to. If it is a growing practice I bow to experience., I’ve only been fitting them for 12yrs or more. :)

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Common enough. Usually solid wood though!
    Maybe edge the visible underside bits with edging strip. Or self adhesive 40mm carcass edging if it is oak / beech etc..

wizwoz likes this.
  3. wizwoz

wizwoz Member

Well ya live n learn. Thanks for the reply MK.
    I suppose I’d better keep the customer happy then…

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Black sharpy.

wizwoz likes this.
  5. wizwoz

wizwoz Member

Maybe a brown sharpy?... I haven’t opened them yet,, it may be that the paper backing isn’t a million miles away from the colour of the w/top.
    A bridge to cross when I get to it.,
    Cheers.