who would you believe, a betterbathrooms salesman or a plumber

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tom.plum, Aug 24, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

doing a bathroom refit this week and its a back to the wall toilet pan, the toilet seat is a bottom fixing so i adviced the customer that this seat is nor suitable cos when its fixed it cannot be replaced without taking the pan out, not a job for the average householder, So the cust rang betterbathrooms and the saleman says, thats the seat for that paricular suite and was giving the cust the 'take it or leave it speech so i picked up the phone and told him, " you've sold this customer a seat that's not fit for purpose" at this he said I'll put you through to customer services, next thing i'm on the sales line options press one for this two for that three for a boy and four for a girl, " here luv I've not time for this,go down there and get a proper seat", anyrode she came back and said, " they've told me thats the seat so fit it, So i said NO, I'm not fitting stuff that's gonna come back and bite me, I'll get a proper seat for the job and put it on the cost, but when i finished she refused to pay the extra £20 for the seat, So ok it's cost me £20 but at least I know if it needs changing she won't have to bother me, :mad:

2. Mr Plum.... :(

Peasy-easy - you fit what the customer gave you to fit. You explain in words of one syllable that the supplied seat can not be replaced without the whole pan coming out and you give her the two options.

Should they stick to their guns, you write down the "customer has been informed that the seat cannot be...." on the invoice asnd get the a*ole to sign it.

Job's a jobbie.

Why give oneself the 'eadache?

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I hope you gave her your complaints hotline no.091 4325765 £20.00 minute.

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea i hear what you're saying Mr Devs but, some Bas%£&d gave me a concience and if the cust called me saying "I know you told me and said the pan needs to come out, but i'm just a poor lill' old know nowt blonde bint and i need a new toilet seat please help me pretty please <<<those little puppy eyes>>>, and pullin' out a back to the wall pan is a true bawlhayk and often they're hard to reseal not to mention re siliconeing round the pan, :(

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

PB, you know how it is, If everthing's ok they never think to call and say thanks for a smashin'n job BUT, if there's something wrong they don't waste any time in having a moan on the phone, :eek:

6. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Tom,I've been there before.Now the weathers slowly changing we'll have customers on the phone being our best friends because their heating doesn't work and when you fix it not so much as a thanks from some and then you have to ring them up to settle their invoice.UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!:mad:

7. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Easy one to sort out, simply pop a frozen prawn down one of the fixing holes in the toilet, by the time the frozen prawn thaws and starts to stink the whole house out you will have been paid!

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread!

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

b'style, i live in Wigan, we don't never buy prawns but we like kippers and kippers don't fit down a seat fixing hole and even if it did I'd want to eat the kipper not give it to a tight a*se customer who won't buy the correct seat, :(

9. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

My apologies, I've got my Rose tinted specs on again because I live in Surrey ;)

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea well glad to see you back, stick around a while, ;)

bathstyle likes this.
  11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A week old thread ?? Some people come on here and try to resurrect threads from bloody years ago.. Anyways, you'll be glad to know Tomp sorted this problem out by, knocking together some 3 by 2 into a square frame (sort of thing) using 4" nails and bending them over once he'd knocked them through the wood. The woman now dare not use the toilet for fear of splinters, but lets her husband use it ( and her friends from the Wigan cream cake and knitting circle society) :p:p:p:p