hands up

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Sep 22, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

who actually likes mcdonalds,
    A place that sells junk food,they grab your cash first and expect you to wait for it, provide no cutlery,are the cause of tons of litter on the streets everyday,there are NO chefs or even proper cooks employed, you would't ask your children to cook you a meal (unless you're disabled) but you gladly eat the rubbish they warm up at maccy dee's and its only kids working there, the drinks contain enough sugar to sweeten the iron lady and the chips have enough salt on them to give you scubby, yet they're always busy, is it just me or is the world completly mad,
    I never go in those places I know of one more person who does't,
    how many others never go into a mcdonalds, ? :confused:

2. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Its alright, I go for the Latte's though...

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I go for a coffee if I'm out and about, might even be tempted by a wrap off the day, but never eat the burgers, had one once and it repeated so much it felt like is was still eating it the day after.:p:p

4. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

the other thing is the food doesnt really fill you up! As blue jacket - ok for coffee on the move..

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

+1 there Fats. Missus sometimes has a hankering for a Maccy, but half an hour later she's as hungry as she was before. ;);)

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Same here if desperate for a coffee.
    I went on a training course on marketing many years back and the comment about McD's was they don't worry about making the burghers the best tasting, more that they try to make them so that people will not actively dislike them so they sell more. Thinking is you may not love McD's but it's OK enough to eat and the parents will go in and eat something with kids that are brainwashed by the marketing!

7. FatHands

glad its not just me JJ! :)

8. FatHands

yeah, they must be doing something right TB - never seen a McDonalds close down!

9. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Just keep watching the News about Russia, You'll be seeing plenty closing there soon.

10. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

I go in occasionally, coffee only though, certainly wouldn't eat anything.
    In my book Greggs is just as bad.
    What do you expect from a company whose motto is
    "Greggs, selling sh*te to scum for 50 years":eek:

11. I LOVE MacDonalds. I eat there every night.

12. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That was you I saw on site yesterday :eek::eek::eek:

rt4.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p:p

13. That's almost enough to put me orf.

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ah, you see what Mr devs did there, the place he eats at is not the americaland chain but a quiet little Scottish eatery (note the speellin) where he no doulbt has haggis and thistle leafs and a few can of tennants , iron brew for the kids and a tot of glenfidick before going home, :)

15. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Gosh, I didn't know McDs had that effect, as you know I'm thin and I want to be fat so I'll give it a try. If you get really fat do they give you a ride home in a wheelbarrow?

16. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Worry not Harry Stottle, getting fat is science, its true that Maccy Dees use high fat ingrediants that taste good ( to some) but leave them still feeling hungry so they buy lots to fill the gap, but you also need to move less,thats why all MDs have a drive through,they know you can't drive through unless you drive there as well, this encourages people to eat more and move less, the perfect formular for wieght gain, So what do Maccies do to show they care about health? they open a 'total fitness' gym a hundred yards away with money off vouchers for reduced enrolments to get you back in shape, these 'health centres all have a massive car park so you can drive there and after your grueling 30 mins on a walking machine you can call at the drive through on your way home,
    now thats how to run a business, no wonder they're millioairs, :)

17. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select