I love teechers

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Sep 25, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've been doing a job on a pre skool nursery installing toilets sinks for toddlers, the architect wanted me to price for childrens toilets and sinks, they are a special order and cannot be returned and that's stated in the quote, anyrode my quote was accepted and i ordered them and installed them and everyone was happy untill the head teecher came in today to look over things, 1 week before opening day and asked why are the toilets so little? because they're for children i replied with one of them eye rolling stupid face expressions :rolleyes:, So the teecher asked me if I had any kids, I answered yes but they're grown up now and,,,,,before i could continue any further the teecher asked, did you have little toilets in your house for them when they were toddlers? and of course i answered no, so why have you put,,,,,,,,,you can guess the rest, I asked her to contact the architect as i'm just a plumber and likely to swear in a working class type of way when questions get too hard, she did and 20 minutes later i've got an AI's (architects instruction) to change the toilets, that to me is like a blank cheque to work overtime and write off materials and replace before the opening day, dontcha just love teechers, :):):):)

2. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Sounds OK to me :) now all you need is to find a customer for some little toilets.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Christ, the world's gone mad Tomp. Doesn't this head teacher realise small kids have to have smaller things?? Probably have the full sized ones put in then go out and buy plastic steps so the kids can actually reach the bloody toilet. DA will be along shortly to confirm that teachers don't have two brain cells to rub together. ;););)

4. Oi, JJ :eek:

Jeepers, Mr Plum, that Head sounds like a prize piece of work. Who the hell is paying for this, and for the 'mistake'?

Our wee Primary has a Nursery section, and had WEE toilets fitted just a year ago - the thought of putting 'adult'-sized loos in there for little folk would be nuts.

And if that is what she wanted, she should have arranged that with the Archi first.

Are there no governors in this school?! I'm still one at my local, and I'd have the Head over a barrel if they'd wasted money like that. Grrrrrr.

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yes Mr Devs the money wasteing annoys me too, but I'm just plumber and have to do what I'm towd, I don't know who's going to meet the extra cost but somebody ought to be asking her to account for her actions, this is a nursery day care pre skool, were parents drop their children off and pay for the service, I'm not sure if its totally self funding or gets gov't funding but nevertheless she needs a telling, :oops:

6. First, the teacher is just plain wrong - these should be wee toilets for wee kids.

You don't have a wee toilet in your own home (tho' I bet the Beckhams do...) 'cos it's all a compromise - there's only space for one size so you go 'adult'. 'Cos it's easier for a kid to use a step to gain access than for an adult to sit with their knees around their ears.

Silly cow.

Do you 'know' the school at all? Any parents? Have a chat... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  7. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Might find when you go back she will want a couple of squat toilets too!
    Still you know what they say about teachers. "Them as can do and those who can't teach":p

8. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

I'm shocked! I thought you lot down there in Engerland just went into the woods wi a shuvul.

9. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Sounds like the teacher is a complete jobs worth with no common sense, but that's no surprise.:mad::mad:

10. Ahem... :rolleyes:

Why is that no surprise?

Most teechurs are awesome, I'll have you know...

11. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

DA you are right, "most teachers", this though is a head teacher, as in all walks of life, those in charge, are complete dick heads and just haven't got a clue.:rolleyes:

Rulland likes this.
  12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yup, I'll agree with both of you, this person is a self important tyrant of her own little empire, somebody has given her authority and she is showing others who's boss, they've given her rope and lots of it and its gonna hang her eventually,but the cost to others is unjust, she's not where she is on her own achievements, she clearly has't got the brains, the mistery is to me, how,why, she's ugly as a box of frogs,can't cook ( going off her looks she eats fast food) so she's got to be a child of a 'old skool tie' privaledged person, she did't like talking to me, she asked the site manager if she could talk to the plumbers boss, the site manager told me today she was most annoyed when he informed her that the plumbers boss was the plumber , laugh, I nearly bought a round of drinks, :):):):):):):)

Cheburashka and Phil the Paver like this.
  13. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I can imagine this person, Soo full of their own self importance. Obviously she doesn't want to talk to you TP.
    Reminds me of someone who refused to let me use a toilet in a branch of a company I worked for as I was not wearing a visitors badge but, I was wearing a company security pass with my photo and name etched into it along with the company logo.

14. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Wouldn't you just love it if Health and safety came round and closed then down till they fit kiddies ones;)

Cheburashka likes this.
  15. I chust hope the little boys will do what they now have to - p*** all over the floor.