New cement mixer lid to help with cleaning mixer - splashstoppa

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by bargainhunter, Oct 15, 2014.

1. bargainhunter

bargainhunter New Member

Has anyone seen those new Splashstoppa cement mixer lids? I noticed one on a local builders belle mini-mix mixer the other day whilst going through Leeds and had to have a second look. Looks like it stops all the water and muck from being thrown out of the mixer when you clean it. Not noticed one in screwfix yet, are these mixer lids in any builders merchants in Yorkshire?

[​IMG]

2. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Just cut a circle out of some old Stirling board. Screw in some 4" screws so it doesn't fall off and there you go. You will get drips but what does it matter.

3. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I think he's trying to sell you one!

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes he's trying to sell the most pointless thing I've ever seen for a mixer. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  5. What happens when you tip the mortar or the washing out water into the barrow after using your fancy lid it splashes all over the bl**dy place anyway

6. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Just get one of the labourers to stand in front of it to stop the splashes, while another one cleans it out!

7. Sadly i cant afford a labourer so i have to do the sh***y work myself hahaha

8. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Your right Phil it is ridiculous, and I see it was invented by one of the screwfix Britain's Top Tradesmen finalists,you couldn't make it up I know!!:D

9. Why would any one buy this.

Dust bin lids have been around for many years.

plumberboy likes this.
  10. plumberboy

There's always some idiot willing to waste their money.

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Can't be much of a tradesman if he's got enough time to invent summat like that..
    Mind you , as an advertising slogan he could always try,, "It's not plastic, ,, It's craptastic." :p:p:p:p

plumberboy likes this.
  12. plumberboy

Ha Ha!!! Spot on JJ.:p:p:p