white guttering

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by audi-evo, Jun 28, 2004.

1. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

anyone tell me what a fair price would be to renew my guttering, typical 3 bed semi in white square guttering.
    my "mate" has said he is doing on the cheap for me but i'm not sure.
    i have priced the guttering on screwfix and it comes in at under £200-, my "mates" quote is £640-00, seems a nice mark up for a days work.

2. dj.

dj. New Member

if it is just guttering it does sound a bit deer to me.
    i dont fit this stuff or have much to do with it.
    the reason i say a bit deer is because last year i had a quote for 3 bed end terrace (probably similar size to a semi) of £650.00.
    this was gutters, downpipes, fascias and soffits the whole biz. so if you have been priced that just for gutters then shop around!!
    prices will also vary on where you are in the country.
    my price was near manchester.

dj.

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

thanks for that dj, just confirms what i suspected, i will check out if he is including facias and soffits but he didn't mension them so i think not.

4. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Seems like he's included a couple of days labour costs for himself.

Seems fair. It's only you that works for nothing.

My missus wanted black guttering, soffits and barge boards, check out the price of those !

5. Charlie Far!ey

Charlie Far!ey New Member

I have some bad news for you - Your mate aint your 'mate'
    White is the cheapest guttering to buy and I'll wager it's economy.

1 man can strip out and fix gutters easily in a day. I'm assuming your have got them on back and front only and your not including downpipes.

Strip off existing gutters and clips - about two hours.
    Fix new clips back and front - Only one 1 1/2" screw/bracket with correct fall defined by string line about 2 hours - Snap in new gutter about 1 hour
    I make that about a mornings work and WOULD NOT pay more than a day even if new downpipes were fitted back and front thats only 2 hours work tops.

Find out when hes out and go round and do his missus then phone him up when the deed is done and tell him what you've done and thank him for being your 'mate'.

6. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

GOOD NEWS ALL! i've had it out with my mate and now it's new guttering facia soffits all downpipes hoppers (i think thats what they are called) the whole 9 yards!
    and the price!
    JUST THE SAME!!!!!!!
    MIND YOU HE DRINKS A LOT OF TEA LOL

7. seavigil

seavigil New Member

About £970 for a 3 bed semi for all of the white bits at roofline including the overhang on two sides and at the gable end. all done using Swish materials

Took 4 blokes one full day and about 2 hours next day to finish off.

DJW