236 part1 City and Guilds=NVQ3 or not

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by quinsee66, Jul 18, 2004.

1. quinsee66

quinsee66 New Member

Having got the 236 City and Guilds part 1 exam many years ago does anyone know if this is acceptable as proof of practical experience or the NVQ3 exam,i.e,as asked for by the JIB in the process of being graded for an Electrician ECS card.

2. mskelec

mskelec New Member

it was a bit hard to decipher, but i think you're asking if part 1 is the same level as nvq3. if this is the case then the answer is no. and jib applications ar graded also on work experience, which, and not wanting to sound rude, it doesnt seem you have as yet. if i were you id get a bit more experience, at least a year, then look at applying.

3. mskelec

mskelec New Member

this is the requirements to be an improver, the grade just below electrician.

This grade has been introduced for apprentices who do not achieve their NVQ Level 3, and therefore are unable to complete their apprenticeship, to encourage them to remain in the industry. It is not a new grade to be utilised for NVQ Level 2 labour other than for apprentices who are registered on JIB Training Schemes and who have been unable to achieve the NVQ Level 3. It is the intention of the JIB to provide an opportunity for these apprentices to remain within the Industry.

Qualifications

Must satisfy the following three conditions:

(1) Must be registered with the JIB as an apprentice undertaking a JIB Training Scheme

(2) Must have achieved an NVQ Level 2

(3) Must have completed the further education courses, though not necessaryily have passed all the examinations, associated with the appropriate training scheme. These will normally be either the City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 or the City & Guilds 2351.

The applicant should normally be at least 21 years of age.

4. quinsee66

quinsee66 New Member

Sorry mskelec but i fail to see how you can tell me i have little experience from what you have read in my message.For your information i took and passed my c and g`s in 1992 with a credit.How long may i ask was it when you took your exams.

5. steve CF

steve CF New Member

no need to get ratty just because your under qualified

if you don't want to know the truth then don't ask questions

hes only advising you and i agree with him

6. tellondon

tellondon New Member

Have you taken the AM1 and AM2 practical exams? I think these are part of gaining an NVQ level 3 status as well

7. da1000

da1000 New Member

Hi

236 is not the same as NVQ3, it is an addition to the NVQ3 when you wished to progress on to be a tech after 5 years experience as an approved spark. We used to refer to the course as the 'c' course, it is though still recognized for being a part p supervisor.

2360 is the qualification for an improver, though completely different.

236 requires a year at college or 2 years at night school
    2360 is given out for being able to bend tray but not connect a socket

8. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

no need to get ratty just because your under qualified

if you don't want to know the truth then don't ask questions

hes only advising you and i agree with him
    Hey, I get ratty!
    AT least he done a long qual???????????
    You, seem to back the the day wonder boy?????????

9. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

Make it simple!
    Steve, boy and mseleck, *
    You pair of *

[Edited by: admin]

10. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

hey, guinsee66, you have my vote!
    You done it the hard and right way!

[Edited by: admin]

11. sparkin!