New wallpaper seam lines - masking tape test

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by BobbyD, Jul 11, 2016.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD New Member

Thanks Devil's Advocate - a great post that sets my mind up in the right gear. Nice and focussed. I feel silly for entertaining the notion that Casadeco are to blame. And I hate feeling silly...

2. I've always wondered what feeling silly is actually like... :rolleyes:

3. ashtreefarm

ashtreefarm New Member

Also what jumps out at me is that the pattern does not appear to exactly line up, it may be worth checking the pattern repeat.
    Particularly at the bottom of the image
    upload_2016-7-12_12-59-33.png

4. Give me a couple of marker pens and I'll sort that out for you.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Well spotted that man. I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to notice that :rolleyes:, didn't have the heart to mention it to Bobby D on top of everything else.

Top marks to ashtreefarm!;)

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Any news yet BobbyD?

7. BobbyD

BobbyD New Member

No news to report yet, will be seeing the decorator tomorrow. Once I have an outcome, I'll share.

By the way, anybody use Unibond PVA to size their walls before papering? The wallpaper shop online I go to recommended this but a). I'm always dubious about following advice from a single source and b). I think there are different types of Unibond PVA.

He also suggested after removing the paper we have the problem with, key the walls with a light sand, then paint in a matching colour. When dry, apply the PVA and let cure overnight. Sounds sensible.

8. BobbyD

BobbyD New Member

Oh and on the pattern matching, it's puzzling to me. There are little details not matching such as those circled by ashtreefarm (who should be a detective ;)) but the overall pattern on the entire strips look good. I've tried lining up different offcuts and cannot get a 100% pattern match all the way down. Will have to investigate further.