SDS drill for mixing,yes or no?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by g4rfr81, Aug 14, 2016.

1. g4rfr81

g4rfr81 Member

Hello, i was thinking of buying a sds drill for a number of reasons but one main use i need it for at the moment is mixing plaster aswell as bonding compound! I've read different things and as its something i'm not gonna use it for alot i'm looking for a low price as i dont wanna spend alot on something that may get used once every now and then! I found one with a 1000w motor is that liklies to be good enough for the job? Will wanna use the chisel and drill functions too but the mixing is my main need for it right now, the reason i was looking at these to an actual mixer is the price and its limited uses!

Thanks for any help!:eek:)

Screenshot_2016-08-14-18-36-50.png

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Never heard of that brand, don't be fooled by the wattage,you might have 1000w going in, it's how it's converted into output (torque).
    Nothing wrong with sds for mixing, have a sds paddle for my sds drill.

g4rfr81 likes this.
  3. A concern would be drill speed.

Paddles wanna go slowish - or else you'll have too much 'fun'.

Does this SDS drill have a speed control?

Power-wise it should be fine - I've used smaller drills for this (smaller home-made paddle, tho') - but you don't want it spinning too fast.

Our host's cheapest SDS drill http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb278sds-5kg-sds-drill-230-240v/97533 has variable speed, is more powerful, and has been around for a few years and proved itself. It'll do most DIYing and semi-pro jobs for you with ease.

I know which one I'd go for.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Your making sense DA with your Titan drill recommendation...:eek::p

5. And you're making poor grammer...

KIAB likes this.
  6. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Those big cheapo SDS are great in many ways, I have one for back up in case my 4 other SDS drills go down. I thief broke into the tool cupboard in my garage this week and left a Performance power SDS and small Sparky core drill, he didn't want them.

Took an old Nicad Dewalt though.

7. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Eh you cant even givem away!!! by the knicking squad