routers

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by zach43, Oct 6, 2004.

1. zach43

zach43 New Member

can anyone recommend a decent router to rout out worktops

2. Dewy

Dewy New Member

It needs to be a 1/2" router to take the bits needed.
    It also depends on how often you will be using it.
    If it's for yourself for occasional use then one of the cheaper ones from DIY sheds should do.
    If it's for regular use then you wont go far wrong with a DeWalt625.

3. big all

big all Screwfix Select

4. Mickthefish

Mickthefish New Member

I use a Makita 1/2 router ,I use it every day for worktops and it's never let me down

5. dunc

dunc New Member

Trend are probably the best for overall choice of tools and accessories, and usually the most available to buy.
    There are many and various models, and not all are interchagneable. So you need to look at what you intend to do with the router.
    But, generally stick to the better name brands.

6. Dewy

Dewy New Member

That's why I suggested the DW625.
    It has the same standard fittings as Trend and is often cheaper and more comfortable for long daily use.

7. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

elu 177e,now cloned :(

8. Dewy

Dewy New Member

They all clone others dont they b&s?
    My old router was a Swiss made one.
    Trend cloned it when they made the T5, in fact the original T5s were made by the Swiss company with a different colour case & rebadged.

9. hab

hab New Member

Yes, the Swiss comany was, and probably still is, Perles. I strongly suspect that all the Elu clones are from this source. It may possibly be that Perles made the original Elu, or at least that the Elu was made on the tooling now operated by Perles. There is no criticism in this as the Perles/Trend/Draper Expert tools are all very good.
    Hab

10. Dewy

Dewy New Member