Mira Shower questions

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by arsenalboy, Feb 20, 2017.

1. arsenalboy

arsenalboy Member

I have had a Mira Excel EV in my bathroom for a number of years. Have been 100% happy and I understand it is considered Mira's top valve, it is certainly the most expensive.

We are about to have our bathroom completely revamped and want to go for a "rain" shower but remain with Mira. It means moving away from the Excel and probably going for the Mira Agile ERD.

Two questions please.

On the Screwfix page showing all the Mira Mixer showers it shows the flow rate per ltr/min and the Excel is the lowest at 5 ltr/min, with all the others averaging between 10 to 13 ltr/min.
    What am I missing here as that seems to make the Excel have the weakest flow?

Second question, with the Agile at nearly half the price of the Excel, am I buying an inferior shower?

The shower is fed by a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831.

Many thanks.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Hot water flow is dependant on you boiler HW output flow 12- 13 litres, but this will depend on your mains pressure, the 831 needs 0.75 bar to achieve maximum HW flow rate.

And look on Mira site for accurate details, our host sometimes get their facts wrong.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. arsenalboy

arsenalboy Member

Thanks for that. I am not concerned about my boiler output, it is good and I am happy with it, I guess my question is how the specific Mira valves I mention perform against each other?