Has everyone been banned?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Insults didn't originate from me.

Can you say the same ? :rolleyes:

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I may be on my way to getting banned, just had two of my posts deleted, I reckon because I mentioned the religion of [redacted].

3. I think we all agree on 1 thing.

Religion is a big cause of issues world wide, and throughout history.

And I mean ALL religions, not just the current 1 that gets the attention.

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Agree, but there is 1 that is causing the biggest issue now.

5. That is true, Bodge.

But I don't think Pete or SF are banning posts just because they mention Islam or Muslims.

(That's a test...)

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I never mentioned Muslims (people), and I don't see an issue mentioning Islam (an idea).

No idea is above scrutiny, no people are beneath dignity.

I would be interested to understand their reasons for deleting my posts.

7. What some on here - ie the bigots - do is to use Islam as their excuse for venting what's inside of them. To do this, they need to try and paint Muslims as all being a wee bitty 'alike', which is what Farage and other bigots have done. And Trump. And Le Pen. And Wilder - you get the idea.

What they fail to address is that barely 500 years ago the exact same stuff was happening in this beloved country in the name of Christianity. And I will stake my last breath in betting that RS et al would be in the crown cheering on the burning of a heretic had they not been born in the 20th century instead.

There is a beautiful irony to all this (you know I love 'rony) - the u-s on here have the exact same closed, jingoistic/religious mindset as fundamentalist Muslims; they see 'others' as being the enemy just because they are others. They will search out propaganda to bolster what's already inside them - they will dismiss everything else, including facts.

As Trump as a Trump thing.

You couldn't make it up.

Deexy likes this.
  8. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I hear Screwfix Pete banned someone the other day for telling people to dilute their emulsion 100 to 1. Screwfix Pete doesn’t like extreme mists.

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Pee is thicker than that!

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Well he was taking the pee.

12. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Standard reply from the blinkered brigade.

13. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

And just like that my earlier post is gone. Really? Has it become this pathetic? All it was, was a joke, no bad language, a Damn joke hurting no-one apart from those stupid enough to take offense or those fearing for their jobs. Not portraying any religion negatively or promoting any hatred, just a humorous play on words. Humour transplant required all round.

CGN and btiw2 like this.
  14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Strange, I had a post removed on another thread about some homeless chappie, I now have "insufficient privileges" to even post on that thread. Can I ask SF Peter if that means other have these same "Insufficient privileges" as well?

15. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

And you are 'select' John, so the rest of the peasants have no chance! :confused:

16. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Still a better outcome than when the Americans attacked that guy who was carrying too many tins of Zinsser shellac primer.
    They said he was BIN laden.

I don't think the above pun is offensive, but I suspect SF Pete has an itchy trigger finger today (as evidenced by Jord86's post deletion).

I am rather pleased with the pun though, so I'll roll the dice.

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Tempting fate!:eek::rolleyes:

And my posts deleted, banned from replying to one particular thread & it wasn't offensive.:(

18. joinerjohn1

Select means absolutely zilch, nada, zero Jord. I think I gained the "Select" status for trying out the latest version of the forum software some years ago, before they released it into the wild. Anyway as I said in the other thread (you know the one in which I can no longer participate) I really think it's time to say goodbye to SF forums. Considering giving Screwfix outlets a miss too since they diddled me. (ordered an item which the supplier was unable to supply so rang up SF to cancel the order.)

As I'd rounded the amount up to an even number of pounds (all for charity you know, not that I like to speak of my charitable work) they refunded the price of the item, but not the charitable donation. So the SF charitable Foundation for Peter's Caribbean Holidays gains a few pence. (Just hope he sends me a postcard when he goes)

Would this be the same thread regarding a homeless ex soldier?

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Yes.:oops::(

20. joinerjohn1

Yep thought so. Good job SF don't run homes for old soldiers, like they run their forum. Bob Curry would be banned from the kitchen for some minor transgression, then get a warning that it'd be the bathroom next and if he didn't behave himself, he'd be out on the street,,,,,,,, ohh wait a minute wasn't that what the thread was about in the first place?