Narrow resin mixing nozels

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by fostyrob, Mar 20, 2018.

1. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

Does anyone know of or where to source a fairly narrow resin mixing nozels?
    The standard Fischer or the rawl replacements are slightly too big to get deep into a hole to secure M6 threaded rod. The nozel will just go into the hole but I am not sure how deep I will be able to inject as like to fill from the bottom normally.

I suspect they do not exist for the smaller sizes (never previously used below M10) but for this job I cannot go larger and was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem or had any tricks to get round it? Even the resin capsules are too big!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I have used a piece of tubing on nozzle to extend the nozzle.

Like this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

Thanks KIAB.

Had thought about sticking a standard cartridge nozel over the end of the resin one as it's a wee bit thinner. Alternatively might give a straw ago.

Need to get it 10cm down a 7mm hole.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got any heat shrink tubing, put on a 6mm former, this can be removed after shrinking, shrink it all on to standard nozzle.

fostyrob likes this.
  6. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

I probably do that's a good shout. Will let you know how I get on...fingers it doesn't pop off and spray resin everywhere!

7. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

Heat shrink worked wonders! Thanks Kiab
    Probably more useful than the dedicated nozel extenders which look like the same thing in my opinion. Good top to keep a hold of for next time!

KIAB likes this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A tried & test tip.:)

Heat shrink has many other uses & has got me out of many problems over the years.

I also keep a roll of heat shrink insulation tape in spares box, wonderful stuff can wrap a leaking pipe then shrink it,as a temporary repair.