whats the best and most comfortable steel toe boot

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by plasterd, Jan 25, 2005.

1. plasterd

plasterd New Member

who makes best steel toed boot and shoe

2. Thermo

Thermo New Member

IMHO Altberg, nice and warm and waterproof!

3. wondering

wondering New Member

stay away from the dewalt
    a decent boot but better are available

4. panlid

panlid New Member

well thats peed on my chips then. i was going to say i use dewalt goretex boots and they last abou six months. my feet dont smell anymore as my customers never tire of telling me :)

5. BIGRICH

BIGRICH New Member

Arco make a boot called the Groucho, there comfortable and not that heavy.

6. panlid

panlid New Member

just had a look on arco site but couldnt find groucho

7. chappers

chappers Member

would agree with wondering Dewalt challengers are probably the most comfortable boot I have had (straight out of the box too and totally waterproof but for 60 quids I would expect them to last longer than 5 months the tops looked like new but the soles are too soft and wore right through to the nail bars both sole and heal.
    OK for workshop or light site work but I wont be buying another pair. Have had a pair of Scrutts for the past 6 months and they hardley look worn .

8. panlid

panlid New Member

suddenly my feet hurt

9. panlid

panlid New Member

i dont mind paying £60 every six months as they get alot of hammer and you can spend hundreds on trainers.(if your a chav). anyway where do i look at scrutts as cant find on net

10. Markybob

Markybob New Member

I found the dewalt trainer feckin ****, new pair of socks every day. I have the challengers now. So verrrrry comfortable, I did go through the toes within two week (to the steel) but I was on my knees the the whole time, back up on my feet know and they are lovely despite the shiny toes.

I found that they are the most comfortablist straight from the box, I call them pammy coz they got a nice gel pad under the heel.

11. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Tanned Suede boots from price less shoes in Reading £15 per pair.

12. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Dewalt boots very comfortable but ware badly, I also wear trainer boots from www.sevasafe.co.uk (cant remember wat there called off hand)

13. Chippy John

Chippy John New Member

None of them are wide enough for my feet, never found a pair yet that I could wear for more than two hours without being crippled.

14. panlid

panlid New Member

john you need to sit down and drink more tea ;)

15. Timberland Pro, a pair I originally bought in the USA but now available here, best pair of boots I've ever owned still going strong after 4 years.

16. plasterd

plasterd New Member

i only wanna spend 50-60 quid, being a tight b***d ;)

[Edited by: Forum Moderator]

17. chappers

chappers Member

Bought my Scxrutts in Jewson SID

18. Carpet slippers with two crushed baked bean tins pink gripped to the toes.... look lovely in a nice tartan!

19. Stevemastic

Stevemastic Member

I always use Arco footware nice & wide they last 6 months of hard use.