Bosch variLED GLI

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Pollowick, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/product/cordless-torch-gli-variled--24651

These normally retail at £50 to £75 for the bare light ... I have located a legitimate seller of real units, at a very very low price. I bought one yesterday thinking they were at a good price and only realised when I got home how good.

If anyone uses Bosch batteries, these are well worth considering - send me a message and I will tell you who has them. I would prefer NOT to publicise it as it then becomes a free for all whereas I would prefer regulars here to get a chance.

And no, I have no connection to the seller, except as a customer.

KIAB likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Pollowick

I would have thought a little more interest may have arisen ...

They are well under £20 each and they are an excellent bargain. Light levels are extremely good at around 450 Lumens.

4. Do not have any Bosch cordless tools,so no use to me.
    Maybe nobody else on the forum uses Bosch cordless.
    Although they seem a bargain if genuine.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Most oiks on here, are probably Makita users, unlike me.:)

6. Pollowick

they are almost certainly genuine, the retailer has two large Bosch funded displays of their professional range in their premises and would not take a chance with copy/counterfeit.

KIAB likes this.
  7. facilities

facilities Guest

4707079E-F3B0-42D1-8F70-BBB2B17935ED.jpeg Always use this myself

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  9. facilities

facilities Guest

Flippin eck how old are you Kiab:)

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

11. Pollowick

I remember Calcium Carbine from when I spent time making sand moulds for casting. Half a sphere of sand, a specific amount of Calcium Carbide, lock two halves of shoes together and shake. Watch the pressure gauge and if it was between two values, the sand was of the correct moisture content and usable.

And plenty of other uses for it too ... none of which would be accepted under H&S legislation.

KIAB likes this.
  12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

So different 30 years ago or so, none of the HSE BS, use to have a old neighbour who had a acetylene gas generator maker,he use to fill it with Calcium Carbide & water, & do acetylene welding & cutting steel plate with the setup.

13. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Hi, would be interested in one, can you PM me details please