Titan Wet and Dry Vac...Foam or Filter

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Stuart_B, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

Any of you guys got a 30 Ltr Titan wet and dry vacuum .....a couple of things ...The instructions which I read again when needing to change a full bag are still confusing me . There is a foam sleeve and also a filter .It's for using it to uplift just normal stuff including sawdust and the instructions are confusing about the purpose of the foam and the filter . It says to never use the vac without the filter and you can't fit the filter if you have already fitted the foam sleeve so is it OK just to fit the filter and use that ll the time .

The other point is when I changed the bag and had the cover upside down I noticed inside the cage a black plastic part like a large aerosol cap..closed at one end and open at the other and it sits loose in the cage .but no obvious purpose for it and it is trapped inside the cage .....any ideas what it does?

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Use the foam sleeve when vacuuming liquids and the corrugated filter at all other times. Never use it without one or the other. The cup in the cage floats as you fill the tank with water and will stop liquids being drawn through the machine when it's full. It's inoperative otherwise.

KIAB likes this.
  3. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

Thanks WillyE Thats a help. I won't be using it for water so it's the filter all the way . I don't really understand how that cup floating stops the water but it doesn't matter anyway ..thx again

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It's a float switch, which activates a switch to turn off vac when water is certian level in drum.

5. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking it would be but I can't see any sign of a switch inside the cup or above it but no matter!

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I'm not sure on the Titan but it's usually just a simple float that blocks the outlet - it doesn't turn the machine off - just stops it sucking.