Strictly censored

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Aug 14, 2018.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

My post about the BBC forcing their naff dancing programme down our throats already has been deleted.

We can comment about perceived failures in democracy but say a bad word about something that some people enjoy as entertainment whilst others believe it to be yet more waste by a profligate organisation with their heads in the clouds and you're sanctioned.

retiredsparks likes this.
  2. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Strictly more sacred than the pedopope

3. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

A posting from some fuddy-duddy complaining about vulgarities in the lyrics of a song that was playing in a Screwfix shop was also removed yesterday; so censorship seems to include anything the moderators feel at any given moment in time.

4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Fair enough. It's their forum.......

I've calmed down now. More important things to worry about...

Allsorts and Heat like this.
  5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Really cheesed off with this forum and so called moderators, 2 post deleted yesterday to which I had contributed, 1. Vulgarities, 2. Strictly Dancing, the forum has become pathetic, now finally decided to delete myself.

6. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yep I noticed the post about vulgar song lyrics in SF had dissapeared

A good few years ago I popped into my local co- op where they have music playing across the store

I was rather surprised when the non radio edit version of ‘You Sexy MF’ by Prince came out the speakers - the whole track was played from start to finish

Obviously not a good thing in a supermarket but it did make me snigger

longboat and Heat like this.
  7. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Who's going to replace your wisdom in the painting and decoration space?!

8. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Don't do it, we need you!

Allsorts likes this.
  9. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Dam0n likes this.
  10. facilities

facilities Guest

11. retiredsparks

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

One of the reasons why many topics get deleted (I disagree with it) is that there is a relentless effort by some to steer every topic around to suit a political agenda.

Such as this.

While you were on your little break things on the forum in my opinion improved greatly. Now you are back with your cynical, acid filled contributions its an immediate return to the same old churn of topic steering and goading.

13. retiredsparks

The topic (not my topic) is called "strictly censored" which alludes to censorship (or if you prefer 'Bias'.)
    So, referring to a current news item and the BBC (British BIASED Corporation) failing to cover it....is deemed by you to be "acid filled".
    Well done Einstein.
    If you do not wish to read such Free Speech content there is an IGNORE BUTTON....which I heartily recommend the use of.
    So much so.....that I will be using it to ignore YOU, chipmonk, and a few others after this posting .....so please do not bother to respond.

facilities likes this.
  14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

That's not very nice. I thought you and, DA were sort of mates.

15. retiredsparks

Mates ?
    No, I am particular with whom I associate.
    Blocked him about a year ago, along with several others.
    Although it looks as though he has reincarnated as another member on here... whose posts I can't be bothered to read.

RS

16. facilities

facilities Guest

RS I think Longs was referring to Goldy’s post ?

17. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

In fairness, RS did say that he couldn’t be bothered to read.

18. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

You think this is bad, try Yahoo Answers and for God's sake, don't mention God. The Americans get very upset if you question God or religion. Ebay is next, don't try to sell am 'Feedback Motor' it' bot has a fit.

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

In the last week the BBC has been too busy with BOJO stories to think about any other news.

20. facilities

facilities Guest

Hey don’t toddle off now ! Just see what you’ve started :(:)