Lighting circuits

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Bradley6969, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Bradley6969

Bradley6969 Member

Hi, has anybody used loop in and out at ceiling rose and loop in and out on same circuit before? Or either one or the other just curious
    Thanks

2. Magicspark

Magicspark Active Member

3 plating at ceiling roses is a very common practice.

3. Alan sherriff

Alan sherriff Active Member

As last reply I tend to use loop in switch box as it is far easier on second fix and faster to install some of these **** new light fittings and ceiling roses not designed by electricians.only issue is loseing per ant feed to the ceiling or loft area but if fitting fans or smokes run a 3 core with permanetely line from one of the switch positions Testing easier except for loseing reading on last switch wire depends if you test every switch drop

4. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Alan, I was using this system in the mid 70's when many of my peers considered it not the done thing, 3 plate ruled at that time. For the reasons you state looping in at the switch has become more popular.

5. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

You can mix loop in/out at the rose or switch to your hearts content ;)

6. Bradley6969

Bradley6969 Member

Thanks what I wanted to know
    Thanks to other too though

7. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Always loop at the switch if you can, slightly more cable used but it beats connecting up 3 cables in a ceiling rose stood on the top of a step ladder, especially if you have to put on a pair of glasses to do such tasks nowadays.

8. Alan sherriff

Alan sherriff Active Member

Dependant on work if rewire and capping in place it is often Easy to run single twin to light switch new rewire loop in box system as peter has said