What is the point of click & collect?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by MalcyB, Nov 4, 2018.

1. MalcyB

MalcyB Active Member

I ordered some things yesterday online, click & collect, so I could save time today when I go to collect them.
    I walk in and the sign that used to be there many years ago is not there. So I stand in the queue for the till, I then see a sign saying "click & collect, let us know you're here". So I went to the collection side and waited for someone to come to give other customers their products.
    So I asked the young girl why the sign for click & collect was not there and she said " there has never been one" so I told her there was one before she started working there.
    She then said that you have to go to the till (and wait in a queue) for click & collect. So There was no point in using click and collect. It might as well be called "click and buy then wait in a queue to be served then wait for your products to be brought to you" Which is what you have to do in Screwfix anyway.
    So as I ask what is the point in click & collect?

2. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

As you say, it sounds like they're not adhering to any rules. Normally you'd be met outside and told to wait, and once instructed go inside to pay for the items (only one customer in the shop at a time). Or they may bring the goods out.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Screwfix and toolstation walk past the queue and go to click and collect point if nobody there.. I do.. Was told to..

4. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Old post, Nov 4th 2018;)

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Blimey! pre Covid ;)............always suspected things happen for a reason!

Wayners likes this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

My mates got 'El Cid' also called Spanish Flu.