Trend SRT router table

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by sidewall, Feb 16, 2005.

1. sidewall

sidewall New Member

2. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Nothing wrong with the SRT table for light use providing you have a router that fits is.
    They are listed in the Trend catalogue along with the fixing kit for the majority of routers.
    NB the price shown is before the addition of VAT making it £105.69

3. Industry Insider

Industry Insider New Member

4. sidewall

sidewall New Member

I already have the T3 router which is why I started looking at Trend tables. The all in one type table I was interested in turned out to be unsuitable (thanks to friendly folk on here pointing me in the right direction) which is a shame as I do not have much room and thought it would be a great solution. I think it is time to build some more storage and buy separates instead.

5. sidewall

sidewall New Member

Btw thanks for the advise and link guys

6. sidewall

sidewall New Member

would this be any better, having a die cast table top?

7. sidewall

sidewall New Member

8. Industry Insider

Hi Sidewall,

The Ryobi table is ok but is not made to particularly high spec. The table surface is not as flat and some of the fence parts are a bit flimsy. I think this one is more made to a price than a standard.

Depends what you are looking for from a table.

II.

9. sidewall

sidewall New Member

10. Accreditor

Accreditor New Member

11. Industry Insider

Hi Sidewall,

The Wolfcraft table is a copy of the Trend CRT see http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/crt/ notice the subtle differences like the hold down clamps (accessory on the Trend, but Steel Springs) are plastic on the wolfcraft.

Various fixing plates are offered to suit all different makes of Router.

II.

12. sidewall

sidewall New Member

Thanks for the link Accreditor, I will try again to follow that later as I am having problems with it at the moment, don't know if it is me or the site.

Industry Insider, thanks again for taking an interest. Do you think the wolfcraft table is enough of a good copy of the trend aluminium table to be a bargain at £89.99. The Trend version is roughly twice the price!
    http://www.wolfcraft.de/en/produkte/products/productDetail79f0.html?countryID=EU&languageID=en&wo=EU&dataLang=en&pub=&cat=catalogue&prdSN=38

13. sidewall

sidewall New Member

14. Industry Insider

Hmmm, well

Personally I would pay the extra for the Trend Table as their table will be made to a higher spec. and they offer further accessories and hoses etc. in their range which are all compatable. See http://www.powertooldirect.co.uk/index.html?lmd=38384.634942 for a better price (dont forget to add fixing plate price, on right). The wolfcraft is made by a company who make all different products reasonably, where as Trend only make Routing Products well.

II.

15. Accreditor

Accreditor New Member

16. sidewall

sidewall New Member

Thankyou Accreditor, that seems like a good place, prices not bad either ;)

17. sidewall

sidewall New Member

I would just like to thank everybody that has bothered to contribute to this thread. After much looking/following links, reading reviews and listening to advise (on and off this forum) I think I have come full circle, with the conclusion that the SRT table from Trend will best suit my needs (I will just have to make the extra space for a table saw which I might make myself). All that remains is to find the best deal. I know it can be bought as a starter kit, but I already have a T3 which comes in the kit so there is no need for the kit. Does anyone know of a better price/place to buy than this?
    http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=29215

18. Industry Insider

19. sidewall

sidewall New Member

Just finished using the srt table to make some cupboard door pannels. It is ok and a lot easier than using a router on its own along a piece of wood 20mm wide, BUT I don't like the fixing for the T3 router as it uses only 2 screws which don't bisect the centre of the cutter if you were to draw a line from one to the other. I asume if I used a bigger router from Trend the other (3rd) screw hole could be used for a more secure fixing. As for the rest of the table, considering it is a 'starter table' I don't see anything else to complain about and I think I made a good choice for the money. Thanks again for the replies and coments. :)

20. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Most routers only have 2 offset screws to fix to a table or accessory bases.
    You dont need 3.
    The base is flat so when the screws are tightened it will be flat under the table.