Projector

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by chrissmiff, Nov 11, 2003.

1. chrissmiff

chrissmiff New Member

I have been asked to install an overhead projector in a classroom, as there is no power in the false ceiling could I extend the power lead to the nearest 13 amp power socket. If this is OK, what is the maximum distance from the projector to the power socket.

2. supersparky

supersparky New Member

You will ahve to plug it in as even if there was power in the ceiling you would have to be niceic registered to connect it and there shouldent be a maximum(that would realisticly affect you in a classroom) that the power cord can be as i doubt the projector will be drawing a huge load

BR

3. chrissmiff

chrissmiff New Member

The projector is a computer image type with a 100 watts lamp and normally is sited in front of an active white board. We have purchased the ceiling fixing kit and a 10 metre monitor lead.

4. moffyman

moffyman New Member

are you talking about an LCD projector (sometimes called a data projector)I'm sure its what you mean 'cause you talk about the interactive board and they need one to operate. I've installed a few of these and I always get the user to arrange fitting a fused spur in the void close to the mounting point.- better still;- fit the projector where you want it just using an extension first to power up and get position worked out and get a spark to plumb it in after (no guesswork!) getting the projector in right position can be difficult give us a shout if in doubt!!
    The electrics are simple but you are prob. not allowed to do this.
    Finally (I'm interested now!) are you just going to lay the vga (monitor lead) in the void and down the wall? or will you terminate it into a wall plate allowing you to plug any p.c. in as suits?

5. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

Please make sure that the ceiling mount is securely fixed and that a safety fall-arrest tether is also fitted

6. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Very old post brought up by our very sad troll, the funny thing is he is not even nasty like most trolls, just seems to bring up old threads and post nonsense, sometimes its even half helpful. Must be bi polar or some other made up disease to get money out of the state.

Heat likes this.
  7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Bit rich. You whining about people rambling about on here talking nonsense and being unpleasant.

8. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

What, because I posted a video of what may or may not have been someone on a church roof starting a fire similar to lots of fires on churches round the continent at the moment.

Just occasionally the truth hurts.