Disposing of fence panels

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by peter palmer, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

If you are thinking of taking them down the tip, you might want to get a lick on. My local tip will be charging for disposing of wood from next month. They already charge for "building waste" like bricks and plasterboard.

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I think with disposal is to move it once. Made that's mistake many years ago with some soil I dug for path. Barrowed to the back of house to store then moved again to a skip out front. Was over a ton so ended up moving 3+ ton. With bulky waste just move it once.

3. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Mate of mine, a farmer, was fed up with fly tipping on his private track leading to a field, so he put a lock and chain across the gate. A few weeks later a council jobsworth made him take it off saying it's a public right of way. Mate knew it wasn't but complied and a few days later, more fly tipping. Mate phoned the council to get them to clear it, they refused saying it's private land, Mate said yes, but your man said it's a public right of way. Council said OK and cleared it.

CGN likes this.
  4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That didn't happen.

Squashrobinson likes this.
  5. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Pile them up on top of each other and set them alight, it will be over in half an hour

chippie244 likes this.
  6. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Finished cutting them now, either how long do you think it will take to burn it all with an incinerator (B&Q do a 120 litre one for £30) or alternatively, what size skip do you think it will all go in?

IMG_20190505_122747.jpg

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Gumtree is full of empty 50 gallon drums for next to nothing.

That is by far the best thing to burn them.

Would last for decades.

Jord86 likes this.
  8. peter palmer

Managed to take them to the tip in the end, 2 journeys Saturday an 2 on Sunday, all in the boot of a saloon car. 2 hours of my time, about £5 in diesel, no scratches to the car, no splinters and no nails stood on, I'd call that a result.

9. bigdan2019

bigdan2019 Member

Invest in roof rack for the car and transport that way

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

He's already got rid of them.

bigdan2019 likes this.
  11. peter palmer

And roof racks won't go under the barrier at the tip, my dad tried that in the 70s with a washing machine on the roof. Can't believe its 40 years since tip nazis and barriers sprung up. Maybe I am out of touch.