Killing a bush...stealthily

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by CJASENG, Jul 23, 2019.

1. CJASENG

CJASENG Member

When we bought our house we inherited a bush in the middle of the garden which I hate. it's one of those where somebodies dug a circle and planted a bush in it. It's a pain in the backside to mow around. The problem is that my Missus likes it and won't let me just dig it up, so is there a way I can kill it without it being obvious, like pouring bleach or weed killer on it? The other issue I have is that I don't want to kill the grass surrounding it and in a few months I'll need to fill it flush with soil and add grass seed. So whatever I use needs to work hard and fast but leave the soil re-usable after a few weeks. Any ideas?

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Send your wife out for an evening with friends and make sure she has a few too many.

Dig the bush out, leaving a real mess with soil all around and maybe an abandoned shovel (not one of yours).

The following morning scream in horror when you see that it has been stolen!

Heat likes this.
  3. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Need to be careful with that one, a mate of mine tried it and his wife called in Special Branch

b4xtr and Heat like this.
  4. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Can’t you just ask your wife to trim her bush well back?

Astramax and dinkydo like this.
  5. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

:eek::D

6. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

CJASENG, just be honest with your wife, and mention who's the boss around here.

Next week, come back & ask best cue for two black eyes. We will understand. ;)

Heat likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

My wife has a large bush around the front also, it gets a good prune in the spring to tidy it up.

KIAB and Heat like this.
  8. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Perhaps the gardener bloke prefers it trimmed?

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

More concerned about the overgrowth in the back passage.

WillyEckerslike and Heat like this.
  10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Whack a few copper nails in around the main part of the trunk.......that'le do the deed. :eek:

11. CJASENG

CJASENG Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I think next time she's out I'm just going to dig it up and deal with the fallout for a coupe of weeks.

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Drill deep hole like 6mm diameter in trunk,just below ground level, & inject with neat weedkiller or neat white vinegar,should do the trick.

13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

15. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Get Mellors' in to trim her bush.

16. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Just lay down the law.. It's going.. What could possibly go wrong! o_O

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

18. Mobo1414

Mobo1414 New Member

Do you also say Thank You after sex?

Astramax likes this.
  19. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

no no thankyou very much and don't forget Christmas is only 5 months away you forgot last yr

Heat likes this.
  20. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

KIAB likes this.