Workshop Noise

Discussion in 'Eco Talk' started by C0N1ST0N, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Check your deeds, you may well find their is a covenant in there stipulating what kind of business can be carried out from the home. My house is mid 70's and the script in the deeds is pretty standard, something along the lines of "Professional business may be conducted from the property, ie: Accountant, General Practitioner, Solicitor etc.". The definition of profession has widened a lot since the deeds were written. I operate my electrical business from home, but the garage is more a stores than a workshop, no noise over what might reasonably be expected in DIY. I make a point of helping all my neighbours (back, across the road, both sides) for free, at least free labour, taking some junk to the tip for them etc. Keeps them sweet and on side.

Although I feel your pain I think that possibly running a joinery shop in a residential area might be a bridge too far, nothing more irritating than the noise of a router or planer going all out full tilt. If you have neighbours who all clear off to work then you would be OK, looks like you have pulled the short straw, for which I'm sorry, hate to see the dampeners on any business!

2. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

keep her happy and you will get no bother from anyone

3. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Ask yourself the question, Does she need decking?

C0N1ST0N likes this.