Can the colour run on concrete slabs

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by markmh, Sep 11, 2019.

1. markmh

markmh Member

hi

I bought some slabs at the end of July and lent them against the fence until I was ready to lay which is now. I’ve noticed on many of them they have the lines in them - see photos - they look like the colours run. I’ve put some water over them to see if it’s dirt from rain etc that’s got on them while leaning on the fence and it’s not got rid of the lines. Any ideas what could cause this and what the fix is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

Mark

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Colour within the slab can not run, look like some liquid most likely water has run over the slabs while stored on their edge.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  3. markmh

markmh Member

That’s what I thought but how do I get it off? I’ve trained buckets of water and the hose and they’ve been rained on

4. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Jet wash. Do my patio once a year and hose alone doesn't touch it.

5. markmh

markmh Member

ok will give that a go thanks

6. markmh

markmh Member

tried with a pressure washer, made no difference. still streaks. im wondering whether the the concrete hadnt cured before i got them, they then got wet which create the lines and they then cured with the lines in them? is that possible?

7. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

bleach

Muzungu likes this.
  8. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Yes, agree....experiment with one slab and leave it on a while.

9. markmh

markmh Member

asked the neighbour who made them ,he said it will weather out