Email - Admin please

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bow Nidle, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Bow Nidle

Bow Nidle New Member

To any Admin reading.
    Twice over the last couple of months I have suddenly been receiving email notifications
    and I have not switched them on or even been on the community site. I have had to reset my
    password and log in to remove the option. How is this possible? has someone got into my
    account and turned it on?
    Would appreciate any answers if you can. Thanks

2. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

ditto!

3. screwfix.alex

screwfix.alex Member

Sorry guys. We turned on the email notification system today and it appears to have some issues in that it is sending emails to users who haven't been active for some time. We had hoped that we could turn it on with preferences defaulted to 'no email' but this doesn't appear to be possible.

Please bear with us while we iron out these problems. In the meantime, do turn off the notifications if they are annoying you, or email us at forum.moderation@screwfix.com and we will do this for you.

Again, our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

4. Bow Nidle

Bow Nidle New Member

Thanks for that Alex

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Is this a repeat?

6. screwfix.alex

screwfix.alex Member

With any luck, no, but we are having some teething issues which we hope to rectify very soon.

7. ir

ir Member

Same here. I haven't got any notifications turned on. Please stop this, it is filling up my email

8. screwfix.alex

screwfix.alex Member

Turned off for now... We will get this sorted, as it's unacceptable in its current form, especially if it's ignoring your preferences.

9. Aho79

Aho79 New Member

could you change my username please

10. Andrea Embley

Andrea Embley New Member

I would like to change my user name too please