gassafe

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by kkss, Nov 26, 2019.

1. kkss

kkss New Member

hi anyone had to attend a gas safe inspection event?

2. kkss

kkss New Member

waste of time forum

3. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Not that I have a clue what a gas safe inspection event is but if you wanted an answer why didn't you post it in the plumbing forum where there was half a chance someone would understand the question.

4. kkss

kkss New Member

i did

5. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

And describing the forum as a waste of time is hardly going to encourage anyone to be helpful is it!

6. kkss

kkss New Member

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Maybe the guys that are suitably qualified to answer this question are too busy as they’re attending a Gas Safe Inspection Event ?:)

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Hi kkss. I assume you're smarting because we haven't all dropped what we're doing and answered your question. I haven't had to attend a gas safe inspection event - and nor has my wife.

9. Everyone has been too busy, after the event of inspecting your work, there is a rush on to get it all your work repaired, get it gas safe and safe for gas.

10. kkss

kkss New Member

Check your grammer

11. Check your spelling.

12. kkss

kkss New Member

Sorry love to chat but got a life to carry on with

13. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Grammer's OK ,but grandad came home pisd from the gas safe inspection event.

14. kkss

kkss New Member

Like it

15. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Oh well I’ll try to be helpful and answer the original question

yes I have had to attend a gassafe inspection event. The event was about 6 months ago at a property I own. It consisted of a mate of mine carrying out a gassafe inspection on a gas boiler. It was a quite unusual event as well because at the same time the same person connected up a 16mm2 to a new CU and completed the installation.

so the gassafe event was also an electrical event too

16. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Plenty of gas coming from the OP though, probably not odourless as well

17. What type of 16mm2 did he connect up. Was it 16mm swa, 16mm pyro, 16mm t&e, 16mm tails or maybe a 16mm main earth wire to the m.e.t.

18. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Swa. Sorry should have said!

19. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Had a fry up for lunch, with extra beans, now everyone around me needs to go to a gas safe event!

20. Draetsir

Draetsir Member

Or even an Earthing conductor as there is no such thing as a main Earth.