Solar system inverter

Discussion in 'Eco Talk' started by Deleted member 213455, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know the answer to I have got a inverter in shed 230ac, I know in domestic regs state now dwellings need metal consumer box not plastic but you can connect mains consumer to shed, can I connect my inverter 230 AC to a plastic consumer box then out to dwellings to separate sockets in dwellings to run off inverter solar system,or do I need to use a metal consumer box as it going into dwellings inside home! A?? yes I know I will need a wire safety certification for it?

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Simon, no where does the amendment to the regulations state that the CCU must be metal, only that it should be constructed of a non flammable material and be installed so as to contain any fire that may start inside the enclosure. This may be a non metal unit with a suitable flammability characteristic, but how do we tell? To avoid confusion most inspectors and electricians choose to use a metal enclosure that is clearly non flammable. Anyway, it's a shed not under the stairs in a house, so you could use any enclosure, but what about certification under the useless Part 'P' scheme, who will do that?

Deleted member 213455 likes this.
  3. Hi,
    It will be done either housing association electrical wire safety inspector or another one local if I can find one?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2019
  4. Thank for help!!!

5. Hi,
    Bob
    Do you do safety certification for solar systems as my housing association group, not sure what to do about my solar off grid systems in garden, trying to get them to pass it so to get permission, to run into house to sockets,they say they need expert to check what I have done ,last time I spoke you asked who would be doing the safety check! ,so if you do them how much would cert be a? are you local to Kidderminster DY11 area, my email address is simonsmith0013@gmail.com, please get InTouch if you can help thanks !