How to protect my bike from thieves

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Gary Bosborn, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Gary Bosborn

Gary Bosborn New Member

Hello, I was wondering, is it possible to protect my motorcycle from thieves and air conditions without spending too much money. I already installed motorcycle tracker, so now thinking to build something not too big so I could hide my bike in winter or rainy day. Have any ideas on how I could do this. Would be great if there would be any photos of examples.

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Common sense and a ground anchor.

3. jackelliott07

jackelliott07 Active Member

Depends on space, budget, aesthetic etc.

When i kept my bike in the garden, i had a ground anchor and a chain big enough that only an angle grinder could get through it. I covered it with a cover and that was that. I rode in all weathers and it stayed outside in all weathers. I only had a YZF R600 that was around 18 years old at the time - so i wasnt too precious...

If you have either a nicer bike, or want more security, then either a small shed, or a small shipping container style unit will be about as good as you can get easily i imagine.

Ultimately, you just need your neighbours bike to be easier to steal than yours...

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Remember that by using a shed you have given the thief the ability to break in, close the door again and spend as long as they need, out of sight, to steal the bike. Your standard shed isn't the most secure thing in the world

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Thieves don’t steal Spam.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  6. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

7. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Did you fit the tracker or a company. Problem with commercially fitted trackers is the fitters use popular sites to fit them, so the thief knows where to look and disable the tracker.

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Spam, Bob. Spam. Read his other posts and the fact “ motorcycle tracker” is highlighted as a link in the original post and you’ll see its pointless nonsense.