Pan connector

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by CharlMil, Mar 31, 2020.

1. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

Hi all,

just wondering if I would get away with this angle on this pan connector?

Have a Drain connector with boss for waste pipe from sink.

the flexi is too long to get the drop, but can’t find an alternative that will work with the drain connector?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I have just now got a similar problem. If the pipe has "a reverse fall" then stuff will collect in the lowest part of the pipe .
    I am redoing my bathroom but at the moment I am sure I have a fixed waste pipe 5 or 6 foot under a raised floor which has a negative fall.
    I have altered the valve in the system for a low pressure area but I am in a high pressure area so whatever is left in the lowest part of the pipe
    I am hoping will just be clean water not other stuff. as it is like Niagra Falls when I flush. This is only a temporary solution as I think it will be against some use of water regulations.
    If the whole of the pipe is lower than the outlet then obviously it wont flush properly.

3. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Screwfix do a variety of MaxAlpine wc waste fittings . You might be better of using a shallow right angle bend and a short flexible coupler.
    It is really difficult to say particularly not seeing any more of the nearly horizontal pipe.
    In our new bath room I am having to build a 3 or 4 inch plinth for the toilet pan to sit on.
    My wife is disabled and would prefer a higher pan and I am tall.

4. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

That is terrible! Note also that the flexi connection must go into 110mm pipe and not that black tee fitting which would require a short piece of 110mm first.

An M&F (Male to female) bend would push into that tee and the flexi could then go straight and level into the female side of bend, with 110mm cutting of pipe into joint first.
    Will all look a mess though and I avoid using flexies of any type

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  5. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

The black tee is a mcalpine part designed specifically to take a pan connector - part WC-BP1.

It’s rigid bend behind the pan and then goes into flexi. WC-CON8F

6. Heat + 1
    You will have endless problems if you leave it like that and you'll come to regret your bodging.
    Just because the correct solution is more difficult it is not a reason to perpetrate a horror show like that.
    Really, if you can't be bothered to do it properly then you should save up and pay someone who can.
    Finally, don't use flexis, they are an abomination.

7. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

I asked for help, not for a bollocking.
    I never said it was staying like that hence the post!

If I fit a 90* single socket into the black drain connector (fitted in the pic) It’s going to be too high to get a fall, even with a rigid long pan connector?!

what’s the “correct way”

8. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

I’d just like to point out that the pic is just a loose fit it hasn’t been pushed in properly, it was just for show to see if the ANGLE is ok.

i still don’t see how I will get any fall with any connector??

9. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

The part is made for a pan connector to go directly into it without the need for pipe first!!

Attached Files:

10. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Did it cross your mind the black colour tee does not match the white flexi pan con ;).

You have fitted a DC1 BLBO which would need a 110mm pipe insert as already mentioned by Heat #4.

:(

11. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

Yes I realise that as company sent wrong one so awaiting the WC-BP1 which will be here tomorrow.

I did put that it was a WC-BP1 for people on here to refer to that part as that will be the part used. But obv you’d all rather not read and just criticise instead of help.

12. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

13. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

Thanks everyone for your help.
    I’m not being ignorant by keep repeating myself but im at such a dead end with this one..

Here’s a photo with the correct drain connector. Still not the correct fall from the toilet on the flexi.

the problem I’m finding is I need the waste to point in the direction it is in the picture and I can’t find any other connector that will offer that?

driving me insane now!

Attached Files:

14. A tourist was driving through the west country and stopped to ask a yokel for directions to London. Removing the straw from his mouth the yokel replied "if I was going to London I wouldn't start from here".
    Your current set up is just wrong and it is not possible to do what you want to do.
    Firstly, you have to have a fall on the WC waste. It doesn't have to be much, even 20mm would do, but it must fall. If that means you can't connect your shower waste above the floor then you'll have to connect it somewhere else, like below the floor. Irrespective of whether you just wanted an easy life. If you were fitting a kitchen and the gap remaining was 580mm would you come on here asking how to fit a 600mm unit in that gap? That's how flawed your mindset is.
    And for God's sake don't just carry on with that crazy set up because it won't work and then you'll have a load more aggro sorting it out.

15. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

I appreciate what you’re saying.

It is ground floor, solid concrete floor. No option of going out the wall. And that is the waste for the basin. So I’m lost for what to do

16. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

It's simple . Get the angled pan connector with built in inlet that someone posted a pic of in your previous thread months ago. Cut it to length ,and re fit the multi finned rubber seal. You push it down into the waste pipe in the floor ,( remove the fitting that's currently there ). You will then have the angled part pointing toward the WC , very close to floor level ,and the inlet for basin waste vertical.
    You can then connect the Flexi ,in a straight line ,into it ,after removing the flexis multi seal. If the Flexi is too long , change it for a shorter one ,or better still fit an angled pan connector in its place.

17. Why can't your basin waste be higher off the floor then? You could use a T, run your pan connector into that and drop your basin waste into the top.
    If it has to be low level you can always chase out the floor.

18. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

none from the previous post would work.

19. CharlMil

CharlMil Member

I’ve only just tiled the floor! Didn’t realise this would be such a ball ache.

I achieved what I wanted with the flexi connector but as you say, the waste was a foot up the wall and a bit of a height to box in

20. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Wayners post of 16 th November ,shows a pic of the angled pan connector with inlet that I refer to. That will work ,without a shadow of a doubt. What makes you think it will not.