Help with circular saw

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Keeno88, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Keeno88

Keeno88 New Member

Hi all

I have an einhell xcharge circular saw and have previously used it with a 2Ah battery. I will soon need it to cut some OSB and some 2x3 timber but I’ve previously had problems with it stalling. Am I right in thinking a bigger battery would stop the stalling (I can get a 4 Ah battery for it)? What size battery are others using in theirs ?

2. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

The Ah of a battery is just the amount of storage of power, therefore run time it can put out, so not really extra power, although there is apparently a slight increase in power I have read.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

My einhell grinder dose the same. Just stops under stress. I was thinking bigger battery might help but have decided to abandon the brand

4. Keeno88

Keeno88 New Member

Think I’ll get rid also as doesn’t seem up to bigger jobs although I do have their cordless drill and its very good. Would anyone recommend a corded one instead to reduce power loss? Only need it for one job (shed build) so nothing expensive

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I have the drill too and it's really good. Battery offer means I have 3 batteries. Angle grinder is useless so thinking I'll jump ship from the brand. Re circular saw
    I'd go get B@Q own brand or sf cheap one. Evolution is only £50. If you like diy then go get a plunge track saw for doing doors and sheet materials. That is a circular saw with guide rail so will do same job. My circular saw hasn't seen light of day since I bought plunge saw

6. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I've got a 40 ish year old corded Bosch circular saw. I don't use it much nowadays, but still useful . I really don't need a cordless one.

7. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Cordless are very convenient with no wires trailing across the site, but if you don't keep working them, the batteries deteriorate. The rule is Cordless for regular use, corded for occasional use.

malkie129 likes this.