Moving toilet back

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Teasingbishop, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Teasingbishop

Teasingbishop New Member

Hi, we have a toilet that’s fixed to a fake wall that hides the pipes. Would it be easy to move it back?

the pink extension piece seems unnecessary, could we move it back so that the cistern was over the curved pipe?

If so what would we need parts wise?

Thank you for reading

225A46D3-CD0A-40F5-A9D0-444F077EFB81.jpeg 1BC55B33-5116-4956-BA2B-7C4D332FC824.jpeg

2. Yes, can't see any reason why not. Plumbing wise.

3. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Don`t think you will gain much space, still have to work around the soil stack in the corner.

4. Teasingbishop

Teasingbishop New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Could we get rid of the pink pipe and fit it straight to the bend with a pan connector?

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Looks like the pink pipe :cool: is a wc connector and a short section of 110mm soil vent pipe in pink. an acceptable method of plumbing.

the depth of the existing cistern is important,where is the cistern ? is it fitted low level directly to the tiled fake wall or on battens to bring it away from the tiled fake partition ?

saving a few inches :D

6. Teasingbishop

Teasingbishop New Member

Sadly it’s a teeny bathroom so every inch counts.

the cistern is fitted direct to the fake tiled wall. I’m hoping I can turn the fake tiled wall into a L shape so that the cistern can go back further than the pipe.

the new toilet I’m getting is 605 deep and 375 wide compared to the old one at 700 deep and 490 wide so I’m saving space just by swapping it.

I’m just hoping we can get a bit more space out of it

7. Stench

Stench Member

So the wall you will have to fix your cistern to is the wall behind the boxing in.How is that going to look? lot of re-tiling work needed to make the room look presentable if you do that.And of course your vertical soil stack and those pipes will also be on show.
    If you're putting a smaller toilet in with a cistern which is physically smaller than the current one then you are going to gain a few inches anyway. I think you should be content with that instead of ripping out all that boxing which will be more of a job to sort out. Maybe time to have another think…

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020